GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Footwell lights retrofit - questions

pmcguire

Passed Driver's Ed
I would need both parts, my friend has a VCDS equiptment and I would handle the installation. So mainly the installation.

Have you got the retrofit documented somewhere?

mlewando

Ready to race!
Yes I do.
I will prepare more readable solution for you so you will get your ambient lightning up n runnin :)

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

mlewando

Ready to race!
Yep, mine comes from there and no problem at all :)
Ps. Do you have a Trendline or Comfortline version?

pmcguire

Passed Driver's Ed
I have comfortline with Xenon (led DRL) and 5.8" Discovery media and Dynaudio option.
Also if it's relevant, electric door mirrors.

mlewando

Ready to race!
It should work, mine is less equiped than yours but lights up brilliantly! :)

mlewando

Ready to race!
Not yet but I have scheduled them :)
Actually having properly coded front lights it's enough to connect rear lights to front installation by using special connectors.
I got the knowledge how to do it but still suffering from lack of time.

pmcguire

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok thanks for the info, I'll do the front first then and wait for your follow up :)

Edit:- Kit is ordered.

Last edited:

pmcguire

Passed Driver's Ed
I eventually went to the dealers and struck a deal for them to install them, unfortunately they seem to be messed up.
They don't come on when the doors open as I would expect, they only come on when the headlights are on.
In the MFD the options are there but the settings do nothing, I can't even turn them off there.

Is this a coding or installation error?

Cheers.

mlewando

Ready to race!
pmcguire - I will check that how it's in my case.
I suffer from lack of time thus didn't prepare guide for you (lots of photos and descriptions, it requires to be ordered somehow in readable form).
Still need it?

pmcguire

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm just shocked that the main VW dealer doesn't have the tools to perform the operation.
Is it possible that everything is coded correctly and he just connected to the wrong pin?

pmcguire

Passed Driver's Ed
Went back today and got this sorted out, looks like there were a few errors during install. Anyway all sorted now but mlewando when you do the rear sets please take lots of photos while you do it.

I'll then just copy what you have done :D