GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY AND REVIEW OF ED's GOLF R REPLICA HEADLIGHTS

Msadlow

Looks great

Looks great! Bought a pair of these earlier this week and got a delivery notice today! Super fast shipping, installing them next weekend. Will post pics when its done.

GTI3371

Passed Driver's Ed
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412617291.524521.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412617457.614034.jpg

As you can see I have a little bit of leveling to do. It's just one of those things that no one notices except for you the driver.

Msadlow

Ready to install

Got the lights today from UPS and unpacked everything, all in good condition, a few minor things but nothing that would cause any issues.

The HID kit that Ed sells with these lights is legit as well, with a slim ballast and most of the hook-ups done already. You will need to run a positive wire from the battery to each headlight. Not exactly sure what the best way to do this will be, so if anyone has pics/thoughts, please let me know. I will also post some pics of what I ended up doing.

So far though I am super-impressed with the lights and Ed, so far been a really easy, fast, and reasonably priced experience.

Msadlow

Installed the lights this weekend, they fit perfectly and work properly. Overall, really great product and I am very happy with them.

Installation took 2 hours as the OP said, and all the tools required were properly listed. If you have a little know-how, you can accomplish this pretty easily.

One video not mentioned in this thread that was super helpful is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymfSdOdjprQ. Its in Portuguese, but it does a good job of showing all of the steps and which bolts are where.

Will post pictures once I get them levelled.

RAY_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Sweet! I watched that vid as well. Definitely very helpful altho' I wish he had done it during the day. Still, better to have it than not. Now, all I need is my GTI, then the lights, winter wheels/tires, mats, vwr springs, etc..lol.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
October 16th Update:

I have a shipment of both the GTI and Golf R lights arriving at the end of October, if you are interested in getting a set, please let me know and preorder. Only $635 shipped with the HID Kit, this is much less than elsewhere including Ebay.

After Nov 15th, I need to raise the price abit to account for higher shipping costs, and higher costs for the HID kits.

Please see the Classifields section for more details.

mk7norway

Ready to race!
October 16th Update:

I have a shipment of both the GTI and Golf R lights arriving at the end of October, if you are interested in getting a set, please let me know and preorder. Only $635 shipped with the HID Kit, this is much less than elsewhere including Ebay.

After Nov 15th, I need to raise the price abit to account for higher shipping costs, and higher costs for the HID kits.

Please see the Classifields section for more details.

How much are they going to cost?? after Nov 15th..?

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Wonder if these are the same as these? Pretty good price.. I've ordered a few things for my MK7 GTI on AliExpress..

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HID-...day-running-light-for-VW-Golf/2027563201.html

There are several differences between these lower quality lights, and what I sell.

- the rear cover is a different shape, it is more recantuglar, rather than round.
- the GTI inner light uses a halogen bulb, their cornering light is non-functional, ours uses a LED bulb like OEM, and our cornering light actually works.
- The Golf R version does not have a secondary high beam, like ours. It just uses a halogen reflector housing.
- their adjuster design is also very prone to breakage as well.

The ones sold in this alibaba add are the same as the Winpower lights. The ones on Ebay are also like this. These are the same ones that the Australians have had so many issues with. Eg, over 50% defect rate. Their comments and photos are more realistic of what your going to get.

Also, price is per piece, so you will be paying over $840 for a set shipped with their HID kit. 4 kg listed is the weight of one light....

Also, there is no way you are getting real Philips bulbs at that price. It is also a lie that they are including OSRAM LEDs inside, as they dont actually make them.

I've sold over 25 sets of my lights since the summer, and had one light damaged in shipping, and no other warranty claims. I could have easily sold the ones from Winpower, but decided to sell a better quality product here.

Last edited:

adamgroves

Ready to race!
I'm really keen to get some of these, any ideas when they might be available for the UK cars.

I've seen the ones on ebay but nervous about purchasing as Ed has mentioned the issues with them.

I've been pulling together all the information required to install them for when they are hopefully available to the UK guys.

I have a copy of the guide that shows you how to install the lights, which is great.

Does anybody have a guide on what VCDS modification are required to install these lights on a halogen DRL (H15) based car. Things that spring to mind that I think will need changing are;

DRL’s staying on with dipped beam.
Dimming of DRL’s when dipped beam
DRL’s dimming when indicating.