GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discussing LSPI (Low Speed Pre Ignition)

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I did my turbo swap after a single tank of octane booster and everything was orange. That said, yeah just keep driving, it will go away. Something really clean burning like E85 will help too.

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Happy to report that the issue seems to have cleared after running VW’s fuel additive through in a couple tanks. I am confident the issue was caused by the VP Octanium that I had run in the car, leaving deposits, and creating the misfires. Re-checked compression today along with a fresh oil change, all good. New plugs look good and live data logging showed no issues.

Panpolanski

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Jetta GLI
Happy to report that the issue seems to have cleared after running VW’s fuel additive through in a couple tanks. I am confident the issue was caused by the VP Octanium that I had run in the car, leaving deposits, and creating the misfires. Re-checked compression today along with a fresh oil change, all good. New plugs look good and live data logging showed no issues.
I have been experiencing similar issues with my 2019 GLI, 14K miles, been using Lucas Octane booster, pulled the plugs, they were orange but in ok shape, replaced the plugs, no more octane booster in the future, and I purchased the VW fuel additive to see if that solves the issue. Otherwise to the dealer it goes (it is intermittent so I doubt they will hear it when they actually take it on a drive...)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

tigeo

Autocross Champion
What do you guys think about the APR TCU tune for the DSG as it relates to this issue? It seems to keep the car in a higher gear sooner to save fuel in D mode, and is a little less resistant to downshifting when adding throttle. Sounds like a dangerous combo?

https://www.goapr.com/products/software/tcu_upgrade/parts/TCU-DQ250-MQB
If you have the APR ECU tune then yes, I would run their DSG tune for a number of reasons but it should help with downshifting in drive mode, hold gear shifts a little longer, etc. all which are good for a tuned turbo car.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
If you have the APR ECU tune then yes, I would run their DSG tune for a number of reasons but it should help with downshifting in drive mode, hold gear shifts a little longer, etc. all which are good for a tuned turbo car.
So I actually have the TCU tune and it seems to hold onto higher gears longer in Drive mode. Makes the transmission not eager to downshift if you’re already cruising, but it holds gears longer and into higher rpms under partial throttle acceleration

tigeo

Autocross Champion
So I actually have the TCU tune and it seems to hold onto higher gears longer in Drive mode. Makes the transmission not eager to downshift if you’re already cruising, but it holds gears longer and into higher rpms under partial throttle acceleration
The biggest thing about the DSG is - you uhave to drive it like you want it to behave. Drive it harder, those downshifts will come sooner is my experience with the Unitronic DSG tune. Drive mode isn't remarkably different than stock I'll agree but the more aggressive I am, the better it behaves, if I drive old-man style, it also seems to come along for the ride.