GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discuss: 7-speed DSG in 2019-2020 MK7.5 GTI

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Weird. I knew the car was tuned by the prior owner through IE. I contacted them and it was a stage 2 crackle, which it thankfully does not do and there's no way it still has a stage 2 in it currently, but he must have left the DSG tune? Is that even possible? I will have to touch base with IE and see. I may need to buy a powerlink and see what is going on.
Sorry I don't know how IE works.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Weird. I knew the car was tuned by the prior owner through IE. I contacted them and it was a stage 2 crackle, which it thankfully does not do and there's no way it still has a stage 2 in it currently, but he must have left the DSG tune? Is that even possible? I will have to touch base with IE and see. I may need to buy a powerlink and see what is going on.
Separate tunes. 100% possible that they only reverted the ECU tune and left the TCU.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Having had several 6sp and 7sp MK7 DSGs I’d take the 7sp 10 out of 10 times.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I’ve owned a 2011 DQ250 CC, 2015 DQ250 GTI, and had a 2019 DQ381 GTI loaner for a month 2 years ago. I liked the DQ381 in S mode for daily driving more than any of the modes (D/S/M) in either my GTI/CC.

In fact a big reason I didn’t get the DSG on my current Alltrack was because it was a DQ250, not a 381.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
All that bullshit and he didn't once mention amax mode.

I dunno what a stock 7 speed feels like. As soon as I hit 1k miles I reflashed the dsg and ECU. But as it stands I dig it. No issues to report.

What I find interesting about the dq381 is that in the s3 and r it farts. But in the GTI it doesn't. There's a rumbly gurgly sound instead of farts in part throttle in s mode. But no actual farts. I wonder why

I don't trust the 80k service myself. At all. But that's just me I suppose.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
All that bullshit and he didn't once mention amax mode.

I dunno what a stock 7 speed feels like. As soon as I hit 1k miles I reflashed the dsg and ECU. But as it stands I dig it. No issues to report.

What I find interesting about the dq381 is that in the s3 and r it farts. But in the GTI it doesn't. There's a rumbly gurgly sound instead of farts in part throttle in s mode. But no actual farts. I wonder why

I don't trust the 80k service myself. At all. But that's just me I suppose.

I was just wondering this as well. Definitely have not heard any DSG farts on my '20 (I'm not tuned or anything). But I know I've seen plenty of 7-speed Golf R videos on youtube of just exhaust swaps and theirs are farting up a storm

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I was just wondering this as well. Definitely have not heard any DSG farts on my '20 (I'm not tuned or anything). But I know I've seen plenty of 7-speed Golf R videos on youtube of just exhaust swaps and theirs are farting up a storm
The dq381 is basically a nerfed version of the dq500. And I know the Gti’s dq381 is a further nerfed version of the r’s and s3’s version

the working theory was noise reduction due to some European countries requiring that 🤷🏽‍♂️