GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discuss: 7-speed DSG in 2019-2020 MK7.5 GTI

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
For tooting around town, I've kind of annoyed the starting from 2nd gear deal this transmission does. Prior 6 speed transmission and all the regular 8 speeds do the normal routine. Start from 1st, start shifting as you increase in speed. The 7 speed starts off from 2nd unless you give it a ton of throttle, making it feel like its doing a lot of slip to take off from a stop. Left paddle flip or manual mode makes it feel more normal, but its pretty weird.

Even after you come to a complete stop it starts in second gear?

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
can someone post a video of the dq381 tune because every video i see is for the 6speed.
audi dsg from the factory is shifting like the old six speeds do, i am not a fan of how the new 7 speed slips into gear. im hoping that a tune will fix it but i have been unable to find anything on this .

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
can someone post a video of the dq381 tune because every video i see is for the 6speed.
audi dsg from the factory is shifting like the old six speeds do, i am not a fan of how the new 7 speed slips into gear. im hoping that a tune will fix it but i have been unable to find anything on this .

I’ll try to film something tomorrow on the way to work

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
I have a lot of the same experiences but less gripes I guess. This is my second automatic (my other was a mk6 gti 6speed dsg) and it does feel like it shifts slower to me compared to the 6 speed. It's not terrible. If it bugs me more I guess I can tune the transmission. But that's something I'd really not want to do with the 2019s long warranty.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I don’t have the 7 speed but would welcome another gear for the highway. Never understood why they don’t always make the top gear tall when they can. I know that sometimes you may not be able to.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don’t have the 7 speed but would welcome another gear for the highway. Never understood why they don’t always make the top gear tall when they can. I know that sometimes you may not be able to.

The 6 speed DSG has a relatively tall 6th gear. It only turns 2300 RPM at 75 MPH.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I've got an older A3 with a manual. At 80mph...its at 3k in 6th. I wish that has a taller 6th gear.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
The 6 speed DSG has a relatively tall 6th gear. It only turns 2300 RPM at 75 MPH.
Nope. Check again next time your out and about. You're off by over 10%. I wish it was around that. It would help mileage quite a bit.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit

It's higher than that. The 6spd DSG has shorter gearing than the manual in 6th gear.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I’m not seeing mine ever start from a stop in 2nd gear.