GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discuss: 7-speed DSG in 2019-2020 MK7.5 GTI

gixxerfool

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
It shouldn't stay.
Weird. I knew the car was tuned by the prior owner through IE. I contacted them and it was a stage 2 crackle, which it thankfully does not do and there's no way it still has a stage 2 in it currently, but he must have left the DSG tune? Is that even possible? I will have to touch base with IE and see. I may need to buy a powerlink and see what is going on.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Weird. I knew the car was tuned by the prior owner through IE. I contacted them and it was a stage 2 crackle, which it thankfully does not do and there's no way it still has a stage 2 in it currently, but he must have left the DSG tune? Is that even possible? I will have to touch base with IE and see. I may need to buy a powerlink and see what is going on.
Sorry I don't know how IE works.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Separate tunes. 100% possible that they only reverted the ECU tune and left the TCU.

dequardo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI Autobahn
Having had several 6sp and 7sp MK7 DSGs I’d take the 7sp 10 out of 10 times.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I’ve owned a 2011 DQ250 CC, 2015 DQ250 GTI, and had a 2019 DQ381 GTI loaner for a month 2 years ago. I liked the DQ381 in S mode for daily driving more than any of the modes (D/S/M) in either my GTI/CC.

In fact a big reason I didn’t get the DSG on my current Alltrack was because it was a DQ250, not a 381.