GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro MIB1 hacking

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
Engineering menu also can be enabled with OBDeleven that is much cheaper than VCP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLvvHRVmWnc

Unless you have to buy an android device. Then the cost is similar. I guess I could have used my wife's galaxy but I didn't find out about I deleted until I already had my VCP. Figures...
I still can't find the loudness control in mine. Maybe because it's the Fender system?

gianry

Ready to race!
My discoveries of undocumented/previously unknown features so far:
- WLAN is on same chip as bluetooth and is available in all Discover Pro devices.
- Screenshots can be made by pushing the right twist-knob
- Overlay view of screen elements can be enabled by pushing and holding CAR button
- Developer menu can be enabled through Adaptation.
- Developer menu can be opened by holding MENU for ~20 seconds
- Overlay view of screen data/names can be enabled by pushing and holding TRAFFIC button
- Skin can be changed through Debug options in Developer menu
- Loudness can be disabled through the Green menu in the Developer menu
- Mirrorlink button in main menu can be enabled through Debug options in Developer menu
- WLAN is available after enabling Phone NAD bit in long coding(which enabled Premium Phone)
- DLNA is available after enabling WLAN (this is port 49152)
- Wlan packets can be sniffed and saved to SD through the Green menu in the Developer menu
Hi Chillout
I've discover pro MIB1 but I'm not able to update maps or add personal POI
I think there is something wrong on the coding
It is a retrofitted unit
I've access to the greenmenu and I've a VCDS 15.7.4 cable.
Could you help me to find the reason I cannot update maps ?
The discover doesn't find metainfo2.txt that is correctly in the SDcard root

thanks

gianry

Ready to race!
I forgot to update you guys on this...

I made an album with all screenshots I took from the green menu.
http://imgur.com/a/Y4vAo

Here's a selection from the album:

Next up: trying to set it in a mode other than "production", hopefully this might give us more menus and settings to access.

The skin change only has to do with the carbon/non carbon skin/texture in the menu's of the Discover Pro.
I see the test mode menu but I haven't the menus like the last two images
how is it possible ?

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf
dou you know where can i find the activation code, activation number and activation PIN of a discover pro?
You need to buy it in the dealer maybe 300 usd and need to be coded with Odis online

Enviado desde mi Z5 Premium E6853 mediante Tapatalk

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
This is way beyond what i currently have tried lol all i want to do is play dvds or movies from my phone. Cant seem to get anywhere android unit didnt work due to the dreaded DRM crap (screw you illegal downlaoders that made this come to existence lol). So im back to playing with the MIV stuff.