GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro MIB 2 (~2015) to Discover Media MIB 2 or Discover Pro MIB 2 (2017)

JustinLT

Car(s)
VW MK7 Variant
Hi,

I was wondering what need to make to change Navigation from Discover Pro MIB 2 2015 to something bigger.
Can it be done without changing block?

Block Code: 3G0035044F

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
MIB2 MEDIA uses 6.5'' screen
MIB2 PRO uses 8'' screen.
MIB2.5 MEDIA also uses 8'' screen.
MIB2.5 PRO uses 9.2''

First 3 units are using the same resolution (800x480 if I recall correctly), but in the 4th it's different. Not sure if someone can flash MIB2 PRO with MIB2.5 PRO firmware to make it work correctly with the 9.2'' display. So if you want to go with 9.2'' you will need to replace the main unit, display, dashboard frame. On top of that you have coding/adaptations to match your cars options, Component Protection to be removed, FECs to be installed.

And in my personal opinion all MIB2.5 glossy displays are terrible. If I were you I would stick with MIB2 PRO screen as it's the best one.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Coding and adaptation - yes,
Component Protection - no (dealer or patching* the main unit for CP)
Inserting SWaP/FEC - yes (if main unit is patched** for SWAPs + currently works only with OBDeleven on iOS)

* not legal, as this is bypassing VAG mechanism that prevents stolen units to be reused
** not legal, as this is bypassing VAG mechanism of licensing software with FECs.

JustinLT

Car(s)
VW MK7 Variant
@mr-fix Can you tell me about seats?Now i have manual seats with heating. I would like to change to electic with Lether or Letherete or alcantara.Does it require to change cables? How to know if my car has cables without disassembly? Is there a way?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
@JustinLT I believe that you will need to add wiring.
Start with finding wiring diagrams for MK7 and checking how complex is the electric seat installation.

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Hi,

I was wondering what need to make to change Navigation from Discover Pro MIB 2 2015 to something bigger.
Can it be done without changing block?

Block Code: 3G0035044F
I can convert your unit to MIB2.5
Just get 5G6919606 display and you are good to go :)