GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro firmware

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
Dealer procedure only! Basically it's like doing a clean install of an O/S on a PC. It reprogrammes the unit and re-parameterises and adapts the unit to the OEM coding from factory.

gianry

Ready to race!
Did you ever manage to find a newer firmware?
I tried it as well, and my Discover Pro is coded as a RW unit (Rest of World) and the firmware linked is for EU units.

Also,
Still not able to update the maps on my Discover pro either, using SD or USB cards. Formatted FAT32/exFat/NTFS on both Mac and PC machines. If I go into the debug mode, it picks up the files but still tells me "no source data" to be found.

Using Sandisk cards, must I try another make?

Have you successfully updated your discover pro map data ?... I'm experiencing the same issue; noway to update my discover map data

Garett

I got an update 2 days ago: 388 was installed (EU) over a previous 290.

Can't see anything special... maybe the voice command screens and icons a bit different, and the Navigation routes bolder. Not even sure actually.

riddles

Update bricked my unit!

I was on a very very old version 0094 I think, had issues with DAB disappearing, not being able to change out of Eco driving mode etc.

Word of warning, decided to try this update myself with 0388 verion I found on Google as dealer wanted over £100 for the SD card with the "latest version" (although they wouldn't say what version that was exactly)

Anyway it was going OK and rebooted after a couple of stages, but then after updating/uploading what looked up the voice software part of the update it rebooted and got stuck on this screen

Pressing either of the on-screen buttons does nothing, and hard-resetting by holding the power button just reboots and comes back to this screen. Tried removing SD card etc.

The unit will just not stay off, even with ignition off etc. It's gotten really hot and blowing heat out from the brain unit in the glovebox so I had to pull the fuse otherwise it would have run my battery flat overnight

Any suggestions welcome, but looks like I need to take it into a dealer for "FES reset" which I think is a wipe and re-install of the OS (hopefully a new version!)

Cheers
Simon

cbass99

Anyone know if there is an updated firmware available for North American Discover Pro MIBII Units

my current version:
Device P/N 3G0 035 047A
Hardware H42
Firmware 0344

Last edited:

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
I was on a very very old version 0094 I think, had issues with DAB disappearing, not being able to change out of Eco driving mode etc.

Hi Simon.

I'm running HW H40 & SW 0095 and I too have issues with DAB disappearing and Mode Selector going awol.

What was the outcome in the end? I hope you managed to get it sorted out.

:(