GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro firmware

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
WARNING......I had mine updated on a nav pro to 0376..... I had serious problems with volume, which caused 6 weeks of headaches. Trouble is I had the P&P sound system installed, and this was suspected to be root of the issue.

Once installed, you cant go back, so they replaced the head unit under warranty. Unless you have a good dealership, with multiple branches, and are well reputed; be careful. The time and stress from that shitty update; was way too much maintenance for me to have deal with.

No major differences in upgrading.

TPI for 0290/0362/0376 to 0388 cures issues.....

Part number 5G0 919 360 C - EU
5G0 919 360 D -RoW

G7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Think it's £21.00 from VW but don't quote me

Will call them tomorrow as today is a holiday. Even though my car is under motorplan I don't mind paying this myself, the dealer just keeps telling me there is no update.

Just hope the new firmware allows me to update the maps.

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
Will call them tomorrow as today is a holiday. Even though my car is under motorplan I don't mind paying this myself, the dealer just keeps telling me there is no update.

Just hope the new firmware allows me to update the maps.

you can download the maps from 'HERE' and select your make, model and interface. grab a 32gb SD card and extract he files to that. plug it in and update....

Tell the dealer there is a TPI for the update! tell them to put in a DISS report to technical about this! VW know all about it trust me.

You need SD Card 5G0 919 360 D - Row

please post up your unit info number...something like 5G0 035 043 A

G7R

Passed Driver's Ed
My unit is a 5G0 035 45B, currently on 0291 firmware on H42 hardware.
Current installed software on it is MHIG_RW_VW_P1054

I downloaded the maps from Navigation/Here - I am from South Africa but the RoW maps are under South America or Australia (same links). I download them, extracted the 7zip to SD and USB cards but nothing - I just get an "No source data" message when I try to update the maps. USB and SD cards have been formatted NTFS, FAT32, exFat, but it refuses to see the update :(

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
My unit is a 5G0 035 45B, currently on 0291 firmware on H42 hardware.
Current installed software on it is MHIG_RW_VW_P1054

I downloaded the maps from Navigation/Here - I am from South Africa but the RoW maps are under South America or Australia (same links). I download them, extracted the 7zip to SD and USB cards but nothing - I just get an "No source data" message when I try to update the maps. USB and SD cards have been formatted NTFS, FAT32, exFat, but it refuses to see the update :(

You need to let the dealer deal with that. The firmware prob isn't the correct one then.

G7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Got mine updated to 389

Still can't get the stupid nav maps updated, keeps complaining that it cannot find it on the SD card or USB drive.

fdietze

Passed Driver's Ed
Got mine updated to 389

Still can't get the stupid nav maps updated, keeps complaining that it cannot find it on the SD card or USB drive.

could you share with us your 389 ROW firmware?

i am from brazil. i was able to find the 388 EU but is not for mine.

I have 5G0 035 45B with 291 as well and H42.

dirk32

In the 388 I have the problem when the ignition is off and the car is closed, the screen easily lit for approx 5 minutes .
MIB Gen. 1 5G0 035 044 B HW 41. 0388