GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro Euro Radio 8" - Retrofit into NA MK7 GTI

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Just mirrors the display. It's so cool cause I can read incoming texts and reply via the "hey Siri" command.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

shz702

Ready to race!
I really wish that Alpine would bring this system to the states. This is a full swap brains and everything very cool. http://youtu.be/_WnZnn-gfNU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm like 95% sure this would work on our cars here if you were to find a place to ship it here. Still not worth an 1800 euro gamble though lol. The one thing that confuses me is why alpine doesn't offer carplay/AA on any of their high end units, only the ilx-007. It's just a software update which is why pioneer did it on most of their units a long time ago.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
What is the panel/connector they show on the trim piece to the right of the glovebox? Only visible with the door open.

I think (not 100% sure) that's a switch to turn off the passenger's airbag, not a thing in NA At least in the US, available some ROW cars

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf
HI I read the post and I have made one retrofit of discover pro 8 inch in my golf 2016 with discover media 5.8 inches and I remove component protection with my friend of the dealer using my odis, when you remove component protection you need to reactivate the navigation database, with Odis too. I have one discover pro with navigation system for sale anyone interested send me a pm thanks in advance

Enviado desde mi E6853 mediante Tapatalk

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf

This is the Discover Pro that I have for sale, I keep my discover media because I only use android auto.

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf
If you put attention to the photo has component protection because you can't have two infotainment units using at the same time, it's one or another, the two have my VIN and I disabled the component protection but only one is recorded to work with the Car, it's curious.
So I am selling the Discover Pro MIB Navi because I prefer my stock radio.

fdietze

Passed Driver's Ed
HI I read the post and I have made one retrofit of discover pro 8 inch in my golf 2016 with discover media 5.8 inches and I remove component protection with my friend of the dealer using my odis, when you remove component protection you need to reactivate the navigation database, with Odis too. I have one discover pro with navigation system for sale anyone interested send me a pm thanks in advance

Mario, i have the same situation. i retrofited with discover pro 8, all is working except the GPS. on odis how can i enable the navigation database? if you can tell me how i will go to a vw dealer correct that! thanks a lot!

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf
You need to enter in diagnosis mode in odis then open the modules topology then right click and guided functions then is an option called FSS or FFS and do that procedure

Enviado desde mi Z5 Premium E6853 mediante Tapatalk

fdietze

Passed Driver's Ed
You need to enter in diagnosis mode in odis then open the modules topology then right click and guided functions then is an option called FSS or FFS and do that procedure

Enviado desde mi Z5 Premium E6853 mediante Tapatalk

mario, do you know if i can do this with offline updated odis and after update the database navigation manually with sd card? thanks!

Last edited: