GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro Australian Maps

badcoe

Thanks for the link.

Looks like this is for the discover media, the 5.8" unit.

I believe there is a separate set of maps for the 8" pro units.

badcoe

Manny thanks.

This will be a great Christmas present for my wife.

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

regards
Kie

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Manny thanks.

This will be a great Christmas present for my wife.

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

regards
Kie

Thanks Kie, all the best to you too.

Regarding the Nav Pro, a little teaser for you from my Golf.

badcoe

Maps OK

Managed to download the maps last night and extracted them to an SD card. Only took approx 1 hour.

Now have a minor issue with the region code.

An error is occuring

The regions do not match (main unit)
'ROW' ' Europe'

Any idea of where the region code is stored and what the value would be for Australia and New Zealand?

SB_NZ

Passed Driver's Ed
The Discover ones work fine. VW NZ sent me the link direct to my query and tell me that we should get two updates in May and Nov for the next ten years...parity with Europe :).

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
The Discover ones work fine. VW NZ sent me the link direct to my query and tell me that we should get two updates in May and Nov for the next ten years...parity with Europe :).

Wow, I've received nothing, two Golfs purchased since Oct 2013, Discover Nav & Nav Pro.

Is your system the Pro?

I just wish VWNZ would get its act together & inform it's customers of the map site.

I've already inquired in the past and was informed they would let me know when the site was ready...,

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Managed to download the maps last night and extracted them to an SD card. Only took approx 1 hour.

Now have a minor issue with the region code.

An error is occuring

The regions do not match (main unit)
'ROW' ' Europe'

Any idea of where the region code is stored and what the value would be for Australia and New Zealand?

Sorry, I've not encountered that error or had any issue with region code. I'll have to try a UK or US DVD and see what happens. I'd of thought the DVD drive would be multi region seeing as cars do travel.