GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover media -> Discover Pro

nexx

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd like to propose to one seller to swap my Discover Media/cd unit for his Discover Pro/dvd unit + cash.

So in one car (mine), it gets upgraded to Discover Pro, and the other one downgraded to Discover Media.

Does anybody know how it goes? Simply swap or additional coding necessary?

Thanks

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
very much un-chartered waters here I am afraid... there was one member on another forum who retro fitted Discover Pro but then started a thread to try to resolve the issue of the unit needing to be security coded to the car. Not sure if he got it resolved but thats the only mk.7 sat-nav retro fit I have heard of...

martymim

Ready to race!
Apparently you can install the hardware of the discover pro but VW have it locked down so you can't use it, unless its a factory option you can't install it for now.

badcoe

Upgrade

I have put the Discover pro in my wife's car. The local dealer unlocked the component protection for me at no cost. Unluckily the sound is muted and I am in the process determining how to un-mute it.

I will let you know if I bypass this.

nano1234

Super friend...tnx!so IT is mute-IT in radio and music and video? Every thing else works? Sorry for my language in from Croatia...:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk