GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Disable rear wiper

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Realistically...that has a small chance of happening. So far...that has not happend to me.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Unfortunately I have a few deliveries on dirt roads so my rear window usually has a thin layer of dust. I wash the car weekly but it's frustrating as hell. I always hope those deliveries will be at the end of the week so I can have a clean car most of the week.
Oh yeah, those one for sure would make it tough to see out, and deleting creates an issue.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Realistically...that has a small chance of happening. So far...that has not happend to me.
When I got my car from the dealer when they did my prepaid 10k/20k service and a service bulletin ecu flash - I can tell them do the test on the wipers cause everytime there is the water line down the back 😂

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
The "cosmetic benefit", if that's a thing for some, is completely killed for me by the presence of a big buttplug in place of where the wiper belongs, along with the rear defroster lines being routed around it. It's 100% obvious that something is missing there.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The "cosmetic benefit", if that's a thing for some, is completely killed for me by the presence of a big buttplug in place of where the wiper belongs, along with the rear defroster lines being routed around it. It's 100% obvious that something is missing there.
You are correct.

also don’t forget to mention that what would have really looked better than spending the 10-20 buck on the buttplug would be to take some driving lessons....

now cue the lazy over used false sense of clever and edgy GIF response

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I thought about the delete because i saw a car without and it looked really clean. Then realized I never used it, so away it went. If you're worried about hitting the rear spray I have to assume you use it, maybe you should keep it, haha. On the other hand, I can't even think of how to activate the rear spray.

As for being "obvious something is missing," 20% tint and a plug that's anything other than matte rubber makes it blend pretty well. The plugs that look best are glass and sit flush.

GTI'D

Passed Driver's Ed
I removed mine for a clean look but even more because I hardly ever used it and when coming out of a hard turn & going from shift to wheel
(mt) I'd sometimes hit the stalk & turn on the rear wipers. At times I did not need that distraction...
I did not like the idea of then moving the stalk inadvertantly and w/o feedback it would stay on.
This is what I did obd11:
-- Central Electrics 09
-- long coding
-- Heckwischer: Logikgesteuert -> Not Installed

kennedyliam38

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf MK7 TDI
I removed mine for a clean look but even more because I hardly ever used it and when coming out of a hard turn & going from shift to wheel
(mt) I'd sometimes hit the stalk & turn on the rear wipers. At times I did not need that distraction...
I did not like the idea of then moving the stalk inadvertantly and w/o feedback it would stay on.
This is what I did obd11:
-- Central Electrics 09
-- long coding
-- Heckwischer: Logikgesteuert -> Not Installed

This is very helpful. I think it’s exactly what I’m looking for.

I have hit mine sometimes by accident, I never actually intend on using it. It’s also about doing the job properly. Some people are saying “just don’t touch it”, but if I’m going to physically remove the wiper and motor then why not just code it out. I have an OBD11 on its way, so I will attempt to follow your instructions once it arrives.

Thank you very much.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
completely agree, every time i saw it i wouldnt think hey that wiper delete looks likes there was never anything there, i would always think why did they delete their rear wiper?especially with the window cleaner dripping down since i always have hit mine on accident

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
and it should be described as a buttplug like you stated,... im going to delete my front windsheild wipers and side mirrors since they are eyesores, lol,

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
1st to mention weight reduction!

this is one mod that I don't like (looks better but function > form) but with any mod it's up to the owner to like it. What anyone else thinks of it is moot.

Mud

Chad M

I haven't deleted mine, but all drivers are forbidden to use the rear wiper on our '17 Autobahn.
I *hate* the eventual arced swath of scratched glass from the use of a rear wiper.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
... im going to delete my front windsheild wipers and side mirrors since they are eyesores, lol,
This might sound crazy... but some people never use their rear wiper. Crazier still, all of those people use their side mirrors and front wipers. I get it, if you use your rear wiper then deleting it makes no sense and if you don't use it the choices to delete is purely a cosmetic one that some people also don't like, cool.

But you can't possibly believe that a rear wiper delete is anything like deleting side mirrors or front wipers 😂. Backup camera and side view mirrors are more useful then the back window even when it's perfectly clean. Especially with the stock rear headrests. I retrofitted the backup camera on my 2015 specifically because of poor visibility behind the car.