GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dirty Pretorias Wheels

DatOneGuy

Car(s)
mk7.5 rabbit
I have a 2019 rabbit with black pretoria's> they steady get too much brake dust on them. I'm on factory pads and rotors. I'm just about to pass 34k miles and its about time to change them anyway.
Car comes with the performance pack brakes. What are the best performance pads that make the least dust ? And what is a good rotor to pair with said pads. Car comes with the performance pack brakes.
Price isn't really an issue either.
Not sure if this has been answered some where before but I couldn't find it. The dust drives me insane i clean the wheels every weekend.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I went with iSweep IS1500 street pads and they have very minimal dust. I notice no decreased braking performance. You can find info on them on Neuspeeds website. I did not change the rotors as I only had 16,500 mi when I replaced the pads.
There are plenty of other options I’m sure as I am only sharing my recent experience. I also got some meguiars ceramic wax on sale and applied that to barrel and face of my wheels at the same time.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Brake dust and dirt in general (and swirl marks) is more visible on gloss black alloys than on, say, gunmetal or anthracite coloured alloys, and IMO is the big downside of black alloys. Same goes for a car with black paintwork; other than just after cleaning, a black car will either be covered in a visible layer of dust, or will quickly get dirty from just using the car.

Even if you find brake pads that produce less dust, I think you’ll probably need to continue cleaning your alloys every week to keep them looking good. A couple of layers of a good quality wax or sealant or getting them ceramic coated will make them easier to clean them, but I think you’ll still see a general build up of dirt and dust, even if it’s not brake dust.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have a 2019 rabbit with black pretoria's> they steady get too much brake dust on them. I'm on factory pads and rotors. I'm just about to pass 34k miles and its about time to change them anyway.
Car comes with the performance pack brakes. What are the best performance pads that make the least dust ? And what is a good rotor to pair with said pads. Car comes with the performance pack brakes.
Price isn't really an issue either.
Not sure if this has been answered some where before but I couldn't find it. The dust drives me insane i clean the wheels every weekend.
You're right. The OEM brake pads are extremely dusty. I replaced mine with Brembo ceramic pads and they are very low dust. I've not got 65,000 miles on them with about 40% pad left.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
You're right. The OEM brake pads are extremely dusty. I replaced mine with Brembo ceramic pads and they are very low dust. I've not got 65,000 miles on them with about 40% pad left.

pad technology is something else these days. Also, DSGs really help the car slow down which relieves a lot of work from the brakes. My last GTI had another 10-20K left on the factory pads/rotors when I traded it in @ 95K miles.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
pad technology is something else these days. Also, DSGs really help the car slow down which relieves a lot of work from the brakes. My last GTI had another 10-20K left on the factory pads/rotors when I traded it in @ 95K miles.
I got 20,000 miles out of the OEM front pads total.

DatOneGuy

Car(s)
mk7.5 rabbit
Mines 6spd so while i downshift its not like a dsg. I was thinking about the brembo ones. 1. thats a well known quailty brand and 2. they claim less dust. Or the akebono. I have seen the isweep ones.
And if i change the pads i would have to change the rotors. Plus i kinda want slotted ones.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Mines 6spd so while i downshift its not like a dsg. I was thinking about the brembo ones. 1. thats a well known quailty brand and 2. they claim less dust. Or the akebono. I have seen the isweep ones.
And if i change the pads i would have to change the rotors. Plus i kinda want slotted ones.
Definitely less dust on the Brembo ceramic pads.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI