GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Acceleration tweak via Vag-com.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The second post on the first Vortex thread reflects what I and many others experience when set to Direct. The throttle range is reduced and it hits 100% throttle before the pedal is 100% down. This was extremely obvious when I was running a JB4 and the stock ECU tune. It was also extremely obvious when running a Eurodyne OTS tune. The weird thing is that now that I have switched over to a an EQT Cobb tune, this setting is no longer making any difference. I believe that Direct and Incremental do not affect every car and every tune in the same way, but for some, it is a cheap way to get increased peddle sensitivity without running a peddle box.

Understood, but my logging didn't show that (did you see my graphs in the second post?) - I suppose I'll have to do a little more logging - I need to do WOT runs in more controlled conditions. I think he got to max faster b/c he pushed it harder and there is no logging - he was just jsut watching the gauge...very subjective. I still go to...why in the world hide the accelerator/throttle ratio for the pedal in the steering column under the adjustment for how quickly the car changes drive modes? It makes zero sense.

stbou

This may be something that was removed at later builds or no longer has same effect. Notice how some can’t disable traction control and some can? Could easily be same case here.
X2
I did the mod on my 2017 and difference is huge, more direct and more predictable.
however my girlfriend is driving a 2019 GLI which is stock and has this great direct throttle feeling I now have.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Finally got around to trying this on my 2017 Sport DSG. Did absolutely nothing. Very disappointed but not surprised.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Finally got around to trying this on my 2017 Sport DSG. Did absolutely nothing. Very disappointed but not surprised.
Yep. Only works if you think it will! ahahahahaha

tigeo

Autocross Champion
X2
I did the mod on my 2017 and difference is huge, more direct and more predictable.
however my girlfriend is driving a 2019 GLI which is stock and has this great direct throttle feeling I now have.
Placeb to the o.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you want throttle response get a BMS Pedal Tuner. Everybody who I let drive my car, with me in it of course, can't believe the throttle response.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

I tried it too and didn't feel a difference. Switched it back. I completely forgot I did this until I went through my OBD11 history.