GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

digital slr for xmas, what to get?

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
thats the previous model the XT..i personally would go with the XTI body and an aftermarket lens. is 500ish the total for both a body and lens? if so then you might want to get the XT and i decent lens.

and it sounds like you will be needing a wide angle lens for landscape/snowboarding. but for wakeboarding, you will need a telephoto lens.

edit- and i personally hate the kit lens that comes with the camera bodies. very cheap and though ive taken some great shots with them, they dont last long at all. ive only had mine for a year and a half and it already broke.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
thats the previous model the XT..i personally would go with the XTI body and an aftermarket lens. is 500ish the total for both a body and lens? if so then you might want to get the XT and i decent lens.

and it sounds like you will be needing a wide angle lens for landscape/snowboarding. but for wakeboarding, you will need a telephoto lens.

yeah i know, im gonna start off with a wide angle lens. if i got an xti body, what lens should i get for it?

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
depends on your budget. if you want to stick with everything canon, then you would be paying a decent penny for a good wide angle. i would go with an aftermarket brand like sigma/tamron/tokina. they have great quality lenses for atleast half the price(sometimes). ill see what i can find for ya.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
if you can find the xti for under 500 then that will help me out a lot. but right now i cant find it for any less than 550. it sucks being on a budget. i might have to go with the D40

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
if you can find the xti for under 500 then that will help me out a lot. but right now i cant find it for any less than 550. it sucks being on a budget. i might have to go with the D40

ya its tought man. i would check ebay. you can find some amazing deals there. if you are gonna go the used route then i would definitely look into a nikon D50 or D70s...i owned a D50 before my D200 and its a hell of a camera for the price its going for now.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
ya its tought man. i would check ebay. you can find some amazing deals there. if you are gonna go the used route then i would definitely look into a nikon D50 or D70s...i owned a D50 before my D200 and its a hell of a camera for the price its going for now.

i might go that route, nikon seems to be a little easier on the price

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
really i gotta talk to my mom and see how much i can talk her into spending

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED