GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

digital slr for xmas, what to get?

omegach

Banned
ok i just checked craigslist again, and the listing is gone. great.

even ebay doesn't have any new 10.5mm fisheyes for under msrp...

Vdub805

After a lot of research into the same price range as you I decided to go with a D40. I got it for $455 with a kit lens at best buy. I was shooting a Canon S3IS before which was more or less the most adjustable P/S available but it simply wasn't cutting it, plus it went and broke on me. The XTi was about $100-$150 more than the D40 and it only came in silver (i didn't like the silver) so the choice was a no-brainer. with a 2 gig SD card the total came out to $510 or so with tax (7% here in PA). I'm excited to get it on xmas.

how did you get a d40 for 455 from best buy? im going to get the d40 pretty soon and there selling it for $500, was it a out of the box deal?

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
dx format wide angles are pricey...you're looking at at leat 400 for an OK one...USED.

exactly why im starting to save now lol

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door

pbfoot

Ready to race!
That a good price...D40's at best buy here are like 550. Is that with the 18-55mm? Just remember AF-S lenses only.
yea, that almost turned me off of the d40, but it turns out the included kit lens is an AF-S lens, so I couldn't pass it up for the price.
how did you get a d40 for 455 from best buy? im going to get the d40 pretty soon and there selling it for $500, was it a out of the box deal?

It was on sale for $520 and I had a 12% off coupon from being a reward zone member that worked on DSLR's (they usually don't). Brand new non-opened box.

JeepNGLI

Heart-ing Forge Since 06
If a camera says SLR Autofocus, does that mean you can't manually adjust the focus? I don't understand what they mean. I was looking at something like the Canon EOS K2. Its gotta be better than my crappy Canon SD200(which I've been unhappy with since its purchase). I mean, is there any decent SLR's under 400 bucks?

Edit: Didn't realize the K2 was 35mm film. But still want to know whats the cheapest you can get a decent SLR.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
the lens dictates if it can or cannot but set to manual focus. I haven't come across a Canon mountable lens that didn't have a switch for AF/MF