GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Traction in general and longevity. I know the traction I get from the AS3+ and how many miles they last.

Gotcha. Over this past winter, I had my winter setup wheels and tires on which are stock Austin's with the AS3+ tires and they were fine with normal driving but every time I downshifted to do a WOT pull, my tires would spin. My summer set up did not have that problem but this winter I am going to try the AS4's.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
SAI deleted. Bought the PR block-off plate and removed entire SAI system. Resulting codes were P2431 and P2432, disabled with Eurodyne. So, then you might ask what to do with the SAI port on the intake? BAM. Cheap ebay breather. Little more woosh with the go pedal too.

Sorry, didn't get a pic of the plate during install, but it's down there.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
SAI deleted. Bought the PR block-off plate and removed entire SAI system. Resulting codes were P2431 and P2432, disabled with Eurodyne. So, then you might ask what to do with the SAI port on the intake? BAM. Cheap ebay breather. Little more woosh with the go pedal too.

Sorry, didn't get a pic of the plate during install, but it's down there.

Now we need some temp and flowtesting to see how it stacks up against the competition. 😁

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
SAI deleted. Bought the PR block-off plate and removed entire SAI system. Resulting codes were P2431 and P2432, disabled with Eurodyne.

I am considering doing this too, how hard was this and how long did it take? any tips?

I'm not new to turning wrenches but have not dug into this mk7 platform with tools that deeply yet

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Sorta sucks as you have to get the solenoid off the block blind.

1. unhook sai from intake. remove intake box and pipe to inlet. unhook battery. remove it and battery tray.
2. jack up car and take off belly pan (8xT25).
3. Use some big adjustable pliers to squeeze and pull off 2 hoses off pump.
4. unhook electrical connector from pump. wrap connector in tape to keep mung out.
5. 2 bolts hold it to frame. I put the bolts back on frame so I don't lose them. pump is free, snake it out.
6. If you have oem charge pipe it needs to come out. youtube vids for that.
7. unhook 2 electrical connectors from solenoid (might be 3...anything connected basically). wrap connectors in tape to keep mung out.
8. unhook air hose from solenoid (again with pliers). too small area to squeeze this.
9. 3 bolts hold solenoid on. i used my phone to see them so i could get the bit on the bolts. they are T30.
10. once solenoid is off you have to remove bolts from solenoid to reuse them and you have to maneuver them off past the solenoid rubber part. it will make sense when you do it.

pliers
https://www.amazon.com/ADJUSTABLE-WATER-GRIPS-PLIERS-WRENCH/dp/B008M4LFG4
ratchet for tight areas
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TSMQWU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&fpw=alm
bits i used for solenoid with above ratchet, just about perfect length
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003X5KEUK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&fpw=alm

Last edited: