GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
That's because no one actually uses it... and also because people who do use it don't log their cars. And if they do they don't even know what to look for.

See chapter 1 of ignorance is bliss
btw I've been using it practically everyday since 2018. and I personally know other mk7 owners that do as well

Switchleg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7
Over spinning a turbo may not blow it up on that pull but it's not recommended when you are already spinning it as hard as possible and is also counter productive when trying to reduce produced tq to maintain traction. Do you not agree?

Still no real world log?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Over spinning a turbo may not blow it up on that pull but it's not recommended when you are already spinning it as hard as possible and is also counter productive when trying to reduce produced tq to maintain traction. Do you not agree?

Still no real world log?
You're the one making the claims, so the burden of proof is upon you

Switchleg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7
Actually if you look back I didn't make any claim besides suggesting over boost is not recommended on a turbo that is already been pushed to the limits. Anyways, I know what I have. Have a nice day.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Actually if you look back I didn't make any claim besides suggesting over boost is not recommended on a turbo that is already been pushed to the limits. Anyways, I know what I have. Have a nice day.
You're right I confused you with the other guy from the last page because you're also responding to my request for evidence that Cobb's TC is resulting in damage

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Anyways, I know what I have.
image_2023-02-14_140527396.png

CP4334

Car(s)
2019 GLI
You're right I confused you with the other guy from the last page because you're also responding to my request for evidence that Cobb's TC is resulting in damage
I dont think I said it causes damage. Though it obviously could, and just in general not good for anything and counter productive. The main reason cobbs over boost issue is annoying is because half the time it trades timing for boost because there is no means to alter the gate request. How do I know? I also like you had a tune on cobb and used the traction control. It relies on the closed loop boost control to counter this and this system is often not fast enough or setup in a way that can pull enough gate duty fast enough to counter heavily retarded timing.

However, this was probably the only semi usable feature cobb actually had.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Cobb TC is counter productive now? So your point is that using it causes slower acceleration than using stock TC? 🤦‍♂️

If you guys want to argue that Cobb TC simply isn't as good that's one thing, but trying to frame it as overboost is a huge problem is absurd

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
1676664247063.gif

CP4334

Car(s)
2019 GLI
Cobb TC is counter productive now? So your point is that using it causes slower acceleration than using stock TC? 🤦‍♂️

If you guys want to argue that Cobb TC simply isn't as good that's one thing, but trying to frame it as overboost is a huge problem is absurd
Cobbs TC is certainly better than stock. im not saying that, what im saying is this tc is better because it addresses the over boost issue thats present with cobbs solution. What I meant by counter productive is the over boost is counter productive in the context of TC. Not that their entire solution is counter productive.