Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
defensive much?

overboost sounds fast af tho. cant wait

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Overboost is expensive, did that to my Supra and it was a sad day, even for a JZ platform. It was my fault though and being first time with Greddy Emanage platform. I forgot to set boost limit and did a pull lol. It was fun for about 4 seconds.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Overboost is expensive, did that to my Supra and it was a sad day, even for a JZ platform. It was my fault though and being first time with Greddy Emanage platform. I forgot to set boost limit and did a pull lol. It was fun for about 4 seconds.
2005 ish? . i had the emanage on a single cam turbo crx.. many moons ago.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
In addition, there is an added map. Map6 is Antitheft or antiteenagerstakingmycarwithoutasking! Car no start!
That’s awesome! I had a kill map and valet map (bounced revs at 4k) on my 350z. I really miss having that but thankfully rarely need it.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Switchleg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7
That’s awesome! I had a kill map and valet map (bounced revs at 4k) on my 350z. I really miss having that but thankfully rarely need it.
Same idea can be applied here as well. I use my map 5 as a valet / let my daughter drive mode.

What others like subliminal fail to realize is I am a single person doing this in my spare time as a hobby for others that want to have more flexibility/features than what big name companies offer and at 0 cost.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Same idea can be applied here as well. I use my map 5 as a valet / let my daughter drive mode.

What others like subliminal fail to realize is I am a single person doing this in my spare time as a hobby for others that want to have more flexibility/features than what big name companies offer and at 0 cost.
Lol.
I was just surprised to hear you guys were still using stock tc this whole time, especially with how much shit diggs has been talking on all the other tunes
You guys are becoming worse than the EQT fanboiz

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Lol.
I was just surprised to hear you guys were still using stock tc this whole time, especially with how much shit diggs has been talking on all the other tunes
Meh, I don't think so. EQT fanboiz just parrot what they're told. At least these guys have some semblance of self reliance

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Reverse engineering written code takes time, and its more folks doing it as a hobby as compared to a company with paid developers programming and researching around the clock to achieve results.

CP4334

Car(s)
2019 GLI
Lol.
I think cobb tc was massively flawed anyway. I think almost everyone uses no TC. And If they are using cobbs TC they are putting up with the massive overboost it causes.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Oh wow. Since it's such a common issue can you guys link me to some of the posts showing cobb tc caused actual damage? Because search isn't turning anything up and I would love to learn more from real world examples

CP4334

Car(s)
2019 GLI
Oh wow. Since it's such a common issue can you guys link me to some of the posts showing cobb tc caused actual damage? Because search isn't turning anything up and I would love to learn more from real world examples
That's because no one actually uses it... and also because people who do use it don't log their cars. And if they do they don't even know what to look for.

See chapter 1 of ignorance is bliss

Switchleg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7
Also I welcome you to go out and spin the tires hard a few times in second gear with Cobb TC on and post the log so we have a real world example to look over.

I have plenty of logs with various settings in rough conditions (snow tires on wet pavement in this one) while still maintaining consistent tq and boost (logged using accelerometer data)
https://datazap.me/u/switchleg/log-1676163044?log=0&data=8-9-17-85&solo=8-77-85

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
So Cobb TC causes overboost resulting in damage but we have no evidence of it ever happening. Interesting