GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did you get crank walk with a dkm clutch? Get in here!!

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hey this thread is old But i have a 2020 GTI Stage 2 EQT and had the dkm dual disc clutch put in. 500 miles in I hear a loud pop while going into 4th. and hear a ridiculously loud rattle and 4th and 6th won’t work. i dropped it at mechanic and i’m waiting for tomorrow diagnosis
Sorry to hear and please keep us updated.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Hey this thread is old But i have a 2020 GTI Stage 2 EQT and had the dkm dual disc clutch put in. 500 miles in I hear a loud pop while going into 4th. and hear a ridiculously loud rattle and 4th and 6th won’t work. i dropped it at mechanic and i’m waiting for tomorrow diagnosis
Sounds like your shifter cables were not installed right. The pop was one of them coming lose probably.

vw_s

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
This same thing happened to me after installing my short shifter. Turns out I didn't tighten it enough, cable came loose. Pulled over and fixed it on the side of the road, lessons learned. I think you will be okay.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This same thing happened to me after installing my short shifter. Turns out I didn't tighten it enough, cable came loose. Pulled over and fixed it on the side of the road, lessons learned. I think you will be okay.

Yeah. I'm just a DSG pleb, but the issues he's saying doesn't sound like the dreaded crankwalk issues.