GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did you get crank walk with a dkm clutch? Get in here!!

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
And become uber gay? No thanks...

Jerseydrew's favorite shirt:

2 sizes too small, even.... practically a belly top.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

The fact that it's not pink makes me feel like I've half assed it a bit.

Last edited:

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
More and more I despise VW manual mqb for this. What the actual fuck were they thinking?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
What the actual fuck were they thinking?

This is to me anyway, the final death knell of the manual transmission. VWs and in particular GTIs really were the final holdovers left in the mass market for 3 pedal cars.

I do love the feeling of actually perfectly launching and banging through the gears 1 by 1, or how satisfying it feels dropping 2 gears to charge ahead, or just perfectly rev matching, or even just accelerating to just the speed limit on an open road by feel noise and routine alone (I know this is exactly the noise at X speed)...

A TCU tune is much less expensive than a clutch swap. My other half can drive our kid in my summer car. Quick shifts. How my left calf feels in bumper to bumper traffic on highway 401. The transmission doesn't try to eat the engine and total a 4 year old car.... Yep. That final one is pretty well the line for me, right there. That's where stick shift no longer is worth the "more engaging experience".

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
You need to ask IE about using custom ARP x IE Crankshaft Bolts. In addition, the crankshaft needs to receive polished journals and chamfered oil holes. I always thought they replaced the bearings but apparently they don't.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
ya'll have gone plaid with this in depth discussion. #impressed #gladIhaveDSG

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheers for that info mate, I'll definitely get in touch with IE when build time starts.

This might be the place to ask, but could someone direct somewhere online I can source a used R/S3 engine?

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Copart has a pretty accurate online list of what cars they've got, but rs3/s3 is hard to come by in our neck of the woods.... less sold = less available for part outs.

Only losers use Tapatalk

ken527k

Car(s)
2020 MK7.5 GTI
Hey this thread is old But i have a 2020 GTI Stage 2 EQT and had the dkm dual disc clutch put in. 500 miles in I hear a loud pop while going into 4th. and hear a ridiculously loud rattle and 4th and 6th won’t work. i dropped it at mechanic and i’m waiting for tomorrow diagnosis