GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did not like a thicker sway bar

So I installed the 26mm H&R rear sway bar and did not like it , the front end pushed really bad in the corners , I removed the bar and to me I like the feeling way better with the stock bar , any of you guys run into this

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So I installed the 26mm H&R rear sway bar and did not like it , the front end pushed really bad in the corners , I removed the bar and to me I like the feeling way better with the stock bar , any of you guys run into this

Lol no.

Either you’re just cutting the wheel at WOT like a madman, have completely bald tires, or both to get that result.

Unless you installed the 26mm bar with no endlinks at all, that would explain your results.

Not cutting the wheel , when I would come into a corner the car would push and feel really unsettled, with the stock bar the car feels more settled, I will be honest I’m running the cheap performance tires you get for 600 for all 4

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I also noticed front end push with 034's rear bar on the sofr setting. The car is much flatter when turning, so instead of removing it, I'll just add a 034 front sway eventually.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
This is not the sway bar's fault.

Something else is up.

What tires?
What alignment?
Other suspension mods?

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
I installed the Neuspeed 25mm rear bar and noticed less understeer, but the significant reduction in rear body roll did make the front body stand out. I'll be installing the Neuspeed sport progressive springs next weekend, which will hopefully reduce body roll in front, without increasing understeer. You may want to look into dual rate progressive springs along with the rear bar for the feel and balance you want. The VWR springs are pretty linear, and therefore don't help with body roll.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg