GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Detailed Review of ALL THE TUNES!!! Track & daily use

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Regarding Reflect, that was the same vibe I got. I'm glad there was no issue in returning the tune and flashing back to stock.

If I were to move up classes, a 2.0 HPFP, etc. with supporting tune would be nice. But given how inconsistent the simple stage 1 tune is, I wouldn't feel comforable with anything Reflect on track.
I have been running Reflect flex tune with HPA IS38 and Autotech HPFP with no issues at all. I've run 93 all the way up to E52. E48 is probably the limit. Got 1 CEL at E52.

I've also done about 8 AutoX and 3 HPDE at COTA, one of which was in 90° weather. Got to 280° once, but still ran like a champ.

I had APR IS38 tune before going Flex Fuel and HPFP and i couldn't tell the difference in drivability. Both very street friendly.

Just want to give another POV.

Limited interactions with Ian, but he seemed ok. Can't comment either way. Only spoke to him once and he is to the point, but not rude.

Spade

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen
I have been running Reflect flex tune with HPA IS38 and Autotech HPFP with no issues at all. I've run 93 all the way up to E52. E48 is probably the limit. Got 1 CEL at E52.

I've also done about 8 AutoX and 3 HPDE at COTA, one of which was in 90° weather. Got to 280° once, but still ran like a champ.

I had APR IS38 tune before going Flex Fuel and HPFP and i couldn't tell the difference in drivability. Both very street friendly.

Just want to give another POV.

Limited interactions with Ian, but he seemed ok. Can't comment either way. Only spoke to him once and he is to the point, but not rude.

That's nice to know. Nothing against the man, in fact he was nice enough to give me a refund no issue.

But I've seen 280+ 5 times in the last 2 weeks. Twice at Daytona Speedway and 3 times at NCM Motorsports Park.

NCM was Time Trial and I saw that first push lap was easily 2 seconds faster than subsequent laps unless I did a cool down. My time was 2:31 but theoretical was 2:29 if I put together going faster on corners with full first lap power on main straight.

I must give Unitronic tune credit, the timing pull was very gradual. No boost cuts. No issues. Just slightly slower. Also I want to do COTA.