GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Depo Racing (ebay) catted downpipe review

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
I do not have to turn off ignition after JB4 clears codes. It does kill my cruise, but I can immediately just reset within seconds on the fly.

Does it only kill the cruise control once per drive? or is it a timed or mileage thing? b/c I know my CEL came on in almost exactly 50 miles of driving.

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Just wanted to update with a 3 month follow up in case anyone was on the fence.

No issues at all with the downpipe, I am very happy with my purchase. Still sounds great at start up when cold and once warm it’s tame like factory.
I have no leaks or cracks in the metal.

Only issue I had was with the factory nut on the top V-band clamp (which attaches the DP inlet to the Turbo). The nut kept vibrating loose. So I put some Loctite Threadlocker "Blue 242" on it and all is well.

Highly recommend for anyone looking for a catted downpipe that won’t break the bank.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Only issue I had was with the factory nut on the top V-band clamp (which attaches the DP inlet to the Turbo). The nut kept vibrating loose. So I put some Loctite Threadlocker "Blue 242" on it and all is well.

:D:D:D

Attachments

• NutsVband.JPG
    NutsVband.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 439

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Well thats another way to get it done LOL.

But why is there such a gap in your clamp? My two ends were able to touch one another? Is it just based on the size of the lip on your DP's inlet?

I would think being that all DPs have a similar diameter to fit the turbo properly (unless your DP's lip is larger than the turbo's), your v band clamp should close as much as mine??

Last edited:

kayv369

But why is there such a gap in your clamp? My two ends were able to touch one another? Is it just based on the size of the lip on your DP's inlet?

I would think being that all DPs have a similar diameter to fit the turbo properly (unless your DP's lip is larger than the turbo's), your v band clamp should close as much as mine??

I believe Sugarmouth is running a bigger turbo and an APR downpipe so the connecting portion may be slightly thicker causing the gap. Thats just one theory.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie

IE cast DP has a thick flange.

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Fitment is ok. It is a bit tight when you start to tighten all the bolts down. Once you get that done clearance is not an issue

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Nice quality pics! Looking good.
Curious, did you try to bolt up the two nuts on the bottom hanger before attaching the top? I struggled with that at first until I realized it’s much easier to attach the top first, then pull down the back half with the hanger into place. My friend struggled the same way but he didn’t figure it out quite as fast.
Going to add that tip to my original review now

Amanisnobody

i recently bought and installed the catless version . solid piece, good sound so far on oem exhaust. tech said fitment was good and had zero issues . pictures and sound clip were posted to the facebook "mk7 golf gti owners" page

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I have one, haven't installed it yet.

Its made out of about 47 different metals. Some components are not at all magnetic, some are mildly magnetic, and others are highly magnetic.

Not surprising for the price, but don't buy one expecting 304 SS.