GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Depo Racing (ebay) catted downpipe review

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
No. If you look at the engine bay from the top, there is an ABS unit mounted to the firewall near the passenger strut tower.

I would say at least two inches of clearance.

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Good shit, thanks!
You're welcome! Any other questions just shoot.

Btw, I've been researching a crap ton on performance mods and I always see you in the threads on this site. Thanks for all your info, you have unknowingly provided lol. It's appreciated

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Thanks for checking. Definitely worth checking this DP out.
Not a problem, you're welcome.
And I love it so far. great sound, no drone, no smell. butt dyno says it improved performance (spool up/response in mid range seems much faster when you first hit the gas hard). Planning to go back to the track in the next week or two to compare. my best pass out of 4, while stock, 2 weeks ago was 14.59 with 61 degree weather

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My only question is if it's 304 or "304".

Time will tell.

All you need is a magnet to tell. All cats are 409 from what I’ve seen, but if it sticks to the tubing it’s not 304.

Just to be clear I’m not in anyway bashing this piece, just commented on it’s uncanning resemblance to MAP, which at a much higher price point would be a good thing if they were infact twins

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
All you need is a magnet to tell. All cats are 409 from what I’ve seen, but if it sticks to the tubing it’s not 304.

Just to be clear I’m not in anyway bashing this piece, just commented on it’s uncanning resemblance to MAP, which at a much higher price point would be a good thing if they were infact twins

Well it failed the magnet test :( it didnt stick to the pipe as well as it did to the side of the car, you can tell its only semi magnetic

Last edited:

Calkulin

Ready to race!

I wouldn't exactly call them twins, the MAP has cleaner welds and more clearance by the ABS cover but they do look similar tho. Considering this one cost $350 with a cat, that's definitely not bad since I paid $350 for my MAP that didn't include a cat

Hoon

Autocross Champion
My guess is same factory, different weld quality and materials for the lower price point