GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dent Removal in CNJ

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
I've got 2 or 3 tiny pea sized dings from dropped branches or acorns on my GTI roof.
You really got to look hard to see them.
But I know they are there and they bother me.
I'm looking for a top notch ding-master to remove them.
Because they are on the roof, the last thing is that I get some dingbat ripping down my headliner, etc., etc., (you know the story).
So, anyone got a good reference for this task here in Central Jersey?
Back a few years ago there was a guy "Bruno" in Elmwood Park.
Anyone closer to Edison or does anyone know if Bruno is still doing this?

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Yes please. I have a bunch of dings on my roof I would like to know, i'm about 15 mins south of metuchen

chuncomunco

Passed Driver's Ed
You can try the VW dealership if they offer it. You'll be surprised, but they can sometimes do it for much less than 3rd party. For example, I leased a BMW a while back, the dealership only charged me $150 to pull three dents, 1 of them was on the body line. 3rd party quoted me $275 for the same job because they were just trying to charge BMW tax.

Himbo

Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
I've got 2 or 3 tiny pea sized dings from dropped branches or acorns on my GTI roof.
You really got to look hard to see them.
But I know they are there and they bother me.
I'm looking for a top notch ding-master to remove them.
Because they are on the roof, the last thing is that I get some dingbat ripping down my headliner, etc., etc., (you know the story).
So, anyone got a good reference for this task here in Central Jersey?
Back a few years ago there was a guy "Bruno" in Elmwood Park.
Anyone closer to Edison or does anyone know if Bruno is still doing this?

Bruno is still at it. I saw him in September for my BRZ. Honestly, he's the best. I've heard of guys coming from VA to see him.

Dent Wizard
15 Stefanic Ave, Elmwood Park, NJ 07407

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
I know, just saw hime a few months ago. My wife's Lexus got hit with hail damage in July, insurance covered over $6,000, Bruno did a 1,000% perfect job. "Others" gave bullshxxt story about remove glass, paint this, yada, yada, Bruno to the rescue.
He also took care of the ding in my VW GTI roof.
I love Bruno, he's one of the very few remaining specalists.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I know, just saw hime a few months ago. My wife's Lexus got hit with hail damage in July, insurance covered over $6,000, Bruno did a 1,000% perfect job. "Others" gave bullshxxt story about remove glass, paint this, yada, yada, Bruno to the rescue.
He also took care of the ding in my VW GTI roof.
I love Bruno, he's one of the very few remaining specalists.
I know this thread is old, wanted to know if you knew Bruno was still doing PDR. I looked up NJ locations on their site and nothing was listed for the above listed location. Would you have contact information for him?

EDIT: Nevermind. I’m an idiot. Found it.

Last edited:

blacksport

Car(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport
I've also used King of Dents in Clifton, NJ if you need an alternate shop. Really happy with the results.

197 Christie Avenue, Clifton, New Jersey

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I've also used King of Dents in Clifton, NJ if you need an alternate shop. Really happy with the results.

197 Christie Avenue, Clifton, New Jersey
Thank you. I may have to call them. I’ve talked to Bruno a couple of times and he is real Hesitant to do the work. He explained why and I get it. I have dealt with PDR guys for 20 years on a regular basis. One common thread is they don’t like irregularities. At least the good ones. So with the paint missing in the center he doesn’t want to try it. I’m willing to bet dollar to donuts he will make it perfect but doesn’t want to disappoint me. I get it. Under promise and over deliver is usually where they land. I hope he makes an appointment for me.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I used this guy that I only know of as Mike Dents as I have him in my phone. I found him through Google. His # is 973-906-2188. He had a picture on his page of another mk7 GTI that he fixed so I said, why not. He came over to my place the same day I called him (called him early though, maybe 9am, he showed up around 4pm). Took out all his gadgets and went to work. Was done in around 35-40 minutes on a door dent I received. Looked like nothing happened afterwards. Charged me 150. I didn't care because this was something I didn't have to look at ever again (knock on wood).

Not sure how far he'd drive if you're from Central as I'm more Northern in the Morris County area.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
NJ DING KING... mobile repair, he comes to you, awesome guy, too. has a few chevy SSR's he uses for his business. knows a lot about his craft. reasonable prices, cash money. I wouldn't use anyone else.

I used this guy that I only know of as Mike Dents as I have him in my phone. I found him through Google. His # is 973-906-2188. He had a picture on his page of another mk7 GTI that he fixed so I said, why not. He came over to my place the same day I called him (called him early though, maybe 9am, he showed up around 4pm). Took out all his gadgets and went to work. Was done in around 35-40 minutes on a door dent I received. Looked like nothing happened afterwards. Charged me 150. I didn't care because, this was something I didn't have to look at ever again (knock on wood).

Not sure how far he'd drive if you're from Central as I'm more Northern in the Morris County area.
Thanks for the references. I have an appointment with Bruno for the 15th. Im
Hoping he can make it better. I have my Dr. Color Chip kit at home waiting. Anything has to be an improvement.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Wanted to report back and say Bruno did an outstanding job. He removed 95% of the dent you could tell he was annoyed he couldn't get it all out. I am ok with the results as it is worlds better than what it was. He took out a couple more I had as well while I was there. Now to figure out Dr Color Chip.