GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delete

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
It should be possible, but it will be expensive. Outside dimensions on the 7spd are larger in a few areas and there are fitment issues with certain aftermarket parts originally designed for the 6spd cars, but it shouldn't be that hard to swap them. The housing's bolt pattern, trans and dogbone mounts, subframe, and VAQ fitment are the same between them. The downpipe fitment is different between the 7's and the 7.5's though, so you may need to change that also. Since you're looking at the 4wd variant, you would need to check the length of the center driveline to be sure they're the same.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Then you would need to consider getting the ECU to communicate to the TCU or vice versa; and/or replacing one or both of those units.
Your 6spd still has to be pretty sweet though...

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I'm not sure if I've read anything about it here but on another popular VW forum many people prefer the 6-speed DSG, claiming the new 7-speed feels a bit slower at takeoff and gear hunts too much around town. I want to test drive one sometime and compare it to the 6-speed DSG in my 2018.

Edit: I just noticed you aren't comparing a GTI to GTI so who really knows what other variables are in play.