GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delay in boost onset

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah it definitely adapts. I think now that it is hotter out it will force it to run higher and I think elevation is compounding it due to lack of oxygen. I always tell people keep an eye on things as seasons change. I had to tweak my timing tables when winter gas blends rolled out.

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
I have the almost exactly the same issue with my vwr stage 3 turbo as OP....

通过我的 CLT-TL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
peak boost at 4200rpm

that's fine in my knowledge to a stage 3 turbo

Depends on the “stage 3” turbo. My EQT non XL housing hits 29psi by 3300rpm [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
Depends on the “stage 3” turbo. My EQT non XL housing hits 29psi by 3300rpm [emoji1362]

and will hold this boost till redline?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
So have we determined you lost 1k of spool between housings apples to apples?

I don’t think it was as simple as just the housing swap; I think it’s a compounded issue of wastegate arm, housing, and tune with my elevation and temps. All I know is “it’s not broke don’t fix it”, and currently it’s holding well. Installing my WMI today

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Watching this thread. Currently tuning my EQT XL with Ed so too early to say but I do have later actual boost versus what was initially spoken of. May be the heat, may be only on 2nd revision of tune, hopefully it is nothing else. IAT are in mid 80s to low 90s during last two logs with humidity. Gotta love the south!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Watching this thread. Currently tuning my EQT XL with Ed so too early to say but I do have later actual boost versus what was initially spoken of. May be the heat, may be only on 2nd revision of tune, hopefully it is nothing else. IAT are in mid 80s to low 90s during last two logs with humidity. Gotta love the south!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure my issue is more weather than wastegate, but wastegate isn't a far stretch at this point either. The turbo is working SUPER hard with the wastegate to keep the boost from falling on it's face too much in the heat of the day.

Here's a hot afternoon in the high desert

100F ambient, 126F IAT. Blegh. Once I install the boost nipple onto the PCV delete from Spulen, I'll have WMI operational to help combat this insanity. Then I'm going to consider a very small 1gph nozzle to be sprayed pre-turbo to help increase density and decrease temperatures; maybe the wastegate will calm down and I can make more power at the same level of boost.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Definitely squeezing that thing Cliff, 94% wastegate lol. Love it.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Interesting, your IATs don't move at all now.

It's effing hot. I was also doing a pull with my A/C on. LMAO. My intercooler was at peak cooling efficiency.

They'll be dropping to ambient/below once I get these stupid PCV delete boost tap barbs in tomorrow and get WMI actually running. Then maybe my timing will hang in there too.