GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delay in boost onset

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I was trying to work it in my head if that was possible :D
I've been back there enough and know the car and my parts; didn't even have to disconnect the downpipe from the lower bracket. everything has just enough give that I could swap housings without even touching the turbine wheel :D

Would love to see the logs post housing.

Same here. Should have a couple before too much longer.

Back to spooling well? That's crazy that it spooled 1k rpm slower.

Not sure yet, still have to button things up, run the wastegate adaptation after I set the voltage, then I'll give it a go or three.

The long pole in the tent is that we were concerned more about wastegate duty cycle. Having it almost 90% at not even 30psi is not normal. Before I got the XL, I was hitting 75% duty cycle at 30psi.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Well, it's sorted. I think my wastegate rod is ever slightly bent that it may cause binding depending on how it's set. I put the voltage up to 3.3v, found a sweet spot where the rod wouldn't give any resistance to rotate, then l locked it down and manually pulled on the rod 20 times to make sure it wouldn't bind or stick anywhere.

I'll be keeping a close eye on it near term, and will plan on replacing it if I see any oddities.

https://datazap.me/u/cliff-p/eqt-101-e50-20190621-1435hrs-4th?log=0&data=13-36-43-44

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Well, it's sorted. I think my wastegate rod is ever slightly bent that it may cause binding depending on how it's set. I put the voltage up to 3.3v, found a sweet spot where the rod wouldn't give any resistance to rotate, then l locked it down and manually pulled on the rod 20 times to make sure it wouldn't bind or stick anywhere.

I'll be keeping a close eye on it near term, and will plan on replacing it if I see any oddities.

https://datazap.me/u/cliff-p/eqt-101-e50-20190621-1435hrs-4th?log=0&data=13-36-43-44

Which housing is this?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Which housing is this?

I'm on the standard housing now. I could probably go back to the XL housing, but Ed is more concerned with WGDC still being high given the boost levels. I'm going to datalog in the early morning and see if the WGDC drops at all.

When I last had the EQT installed, We had 30psi with 75% WGDC. I'm sure climate is a factor, but it shouldn't differ THAT much.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
I'm on the standard housing now. I could probably go back to the XL housing, but Ed is more concerned with WGDC still being high given the boost levels. I'm going to datalog in the early morning and see if the WGDC drops at all.

When I last had the EQT installed, We had 30psi with 75% WGDC. I'm sure climate is a factor, but it shouldn't differ THAT much.

Did you feel a bind from the slight bent on your actuator? I had a slight bend on mine then it failed.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Ed wanted to see a run with lower temps to determine effects of hot and dry climate on my particular setup. Decided to go out at 0630 this morning to do a quick pull in 4th getting on the highway. I had to cut my run a bit short as when I hit the onramp, my radar detector went crazy. Shut it down at around 6500rpm and look behind me to see a Sheriff's Deputy F150 in the slow lane on the highway; guess he heard/saw me and gunned me. The speed limit was 75 on the highway, so I cruised at about 70mph and he passed me and gave me a thumbs up. I thought for sure I was screwed. LOL

Anyhow, datalog here

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Just to make sure I understand. base= tune. actual= where it is to hit boost target? Looks like base went up vs that hot run yesterday.

i wonder if a few more runs base wont go down as it sees wg doesn’t need to be that closed. same tune?

That’s my understanding. Base is wgdc table, and actual is position of wg. Nothing changed in the tune at all. I did swap my known good PUT from my NAR manifold to my MPI manifold last night as well, just for the sake of “known goods”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk