GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delaware anyone?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Next event!

https://m.facebook.com/events/310724164025286?acontext={"source":"3","action_history":"null"}&aref=3

Screenshot_20210601-220525.png

viewsonic9

Car(s)
2018 GTI- Autobahn
Bump - Greetings from Pike Creek. Bought my 2018 GTI (Autobahn) 6MT back in June. It's a game changer for me - most fun I've had driving.

Thinking about adding some MT/suspension related mods like a RSB, short shifter kit, and eventually maybe a new clutch if/when I go stage one (I will go stage 1). Can anyone recommend a good VW shop around Wilmington or Newark? It looks like Trentec in Newark has good feedback but their site looks like they specialize in TDIs. They are a Malone Tuning dealer, which is not a company I've heard much about online for GTIs. Would Smith VW do those kinds of mods? Any others? Thanks!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Smith is your best bet probably.

I got an alignment from them once and they did an excellent job with that. Never had any work done there tho as I have DIY’d everything thus far.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Bump - Greetings from Pike Creek. Bought my 2018 GTI (Autobahn) 6MT back in June. It's a game changer for me - most fun I've had driving.

Thinking about adding some MT/suspension related mods like a RSB, short shifter kit, and eventually maybe a new clutch if/when I go stage one (I will go stage 1). Can anyone recommend a good VW shop around Wilmington or Newark? It looks like Trentec in Newark has good feedback but their site looks like they specialize in TDIs. They are a Malone Tuning dealer, which is not a company I've heard much about online for GTIs. Would Smith VW do those kinds of mods? Any others? Thanks!

Smith is a quality shop, but they charge dealer prices. My spring install quote was like $800-1000! :oops: New German Performance in Aberdeen is very reputable too. I'm in North Wilmington area and have a garage and all the tools you'd need if you ever want help installing something. RSB is a great first mod and can be done in under an hour fairly easily.

viewsonic9

Car(s)
2018 GTI- Autobahn
Smith is your best bet probably.

I got an alignment from them once and they did an excellent job with that. Never had any work done there tho as I have DIY’d everything thus far.
Glad to hear you've have good experiences with Smith. I just got tires and wheels from Tirerack (EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS: 225/40ZR18 and FLOW ONE F2S: 18x8) and I'm going to Smith this week for an alignment as well!
PXL_20210822_140036012.jpg

mk7-k

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 'S' 4 door DSG
Both Smith VW and NGP Aberdeen MD are good shops and stand behind their work. Both shops help me build my 16 GTI up to APR Stage III IS38, did every thing from suspension, clutch and brakes. I don't own the car anymore because of major spinal surgery. They are the two shops I would recommend.

viewsonic9

Car(s)
2018 GTI- Autobahn
Smith is a quality shop, but they charge dealer prices. My spring install quote was like $800-1000! :oops: New German Performance in Aberdeen is very reputable too. I'm in North Wilmington area and have a garage and all the tools you'd need if you ever want help installing something. RSB is a great first mod and can be done in under an hour fairly easily.
New German Performance looks very cool. Thanks for offering help. Unfortunately, I know nothing about working on cars and am terrified of fucking it up. But - I did change the cabin air filter and am going to put in a clutch stop I got on etsy so, baby steps? 🙃

viewsonic9

Car(s)
2018 GTI- Autobahn
Both Smith VW and NGP Aberdeen MD are good shops and stand behind their work. Both shops help me build my 16 GTI up to APR Stage III IS38, did every thing from suspension, clutch and brakes. I don't own the car anymore because of major spinal surgery. They are the two shops I would recommend.
Awesome - thanks for the rec. I'm going to talk to Smith about some work when I take it in.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Anyone here go to the Dover car meet on Thursday’s? Never knew about it (I’m not on FB) but drove thru Smyrna and there was a bunch of cars so I stopped in.