GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dedicated track pad and 2 piece rotors

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I’ve always run blanks. OEM replacement or NAPA. For once I can finally splurge on a 2 piece set.

I’m mostly interested if the air gaps/passages between the hat and the disc will help circulate air.

If I have a fade free day in a couple weeks at Homestead, I’d consider the purchase a success. If not, it was trial and error.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
Fade is gonna depend on your tires and pads. I would highly suggest a dedicated track pad.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't think this is a dedicated track car, so I think he'll be fine. He's not running 100tw or lower tires.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Has anyone here used the Racingbrake 2pc rotors? They have a MK7 application.

I ran these on my Evo X Time attack car, worked great. But the Evo had 4 piston Brembo calipers stock that were outstanding. As has been suggested already, I'd put the money you'd spend on these expensive rotors on a BBK. I have no experience with the PP brakes on the GTI, as I just bought mine and it only has 400 miles on it. I have SS lines and Gloc R12 pads waiting for spring to go on, but expect those to only last about two track days before I go BBK. They're just a stop gap.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I ran these on my Evo X Time attack car, worked great. But the Evo had 4 piston Brembo calipers stock that were outstanding. As has been suggested already, I'd put the money you'd spend on these expensive rotors on a BBK. I have no experience with the PP brakes on the GTI, as I just bought mine and it only has 400 miles on it. I have SS lines and Gloc R12 pads waiting for spring to go on, but expect those to only last about two track days before I go BBK. They're just a stop gap.

First post, welcome to the forum.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
First post, welcome to the forum.
thanks, been lurking for a while. I'm now compiling parts in preparation for its first track day, this forum has been a big help. My Evo X lasted all of 9 months before it became a time attack car. I'm hoping I can make it at least two years before I put a cage in the GTI.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Rockauto has rotors starting at 12$ for some of my cars, 15$ for gti. Some ppl spend more on starbucks daily
Wow. I am devout to FCP Euro for their replacement program, but I am impressed to see 340mm blanks for $30 + shipping at RockAuto. I looked for rotors there like 2 years ago and at the time they were comparable to FCP's pricing. Then again, I guess it only costs me $50 out of pocket to return rotors to FCP so at this point I will keep using them (and that's how they git you). LOL. I do love FCP though.

thanks, been lurking for a while. I'm now compiling parts in preparation for its first track day, this forum has been a big help. My Evo X lasted all of 9 months before it became a time attack car. I'm hoping I can make it at least two years before I put a cage in the GTI.

Welcome morricus! It's good to have yet another track focused person here playing with these cars!

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
@reverend_sean yea rock auto is where I shop first for maintenance for last decade+. Exceptional customer service when needed and rock bottom prices. They simply rock, what can I say.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Finally got these things on the car today, along with a new set of Porterfield R4 pads up front.

Homestead tomorrow!

Attachments

• 0C14889E-E312-4E92-AB79-88106B56F797.jpeg
    0C14889E-E312-4E92-AB79-88106B56F797.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 287
  • 3FD2D2DC-48F9-41F2-8047-96FCD858AEA0.jpeg
    3FD2D2DC-48F9-41F2-8047-96FCD858AEA0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 285
  • 66E74BCE-E012-442D-BF19-E850414834DA.jpeg
    66E74BCE-E012-442D-BF19-E850414834DA.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 245
  • 5AB659AB-8171-429D-B804-3EBF5E7EAFB0.jpeg