GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dedicated track pad and 2 piece rotors

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Some good news, found the T-Roc R rotors. Main takeaway is that it is still stock size 340x30mm since the T-Roc R uses the Golf R calipers, BUT has a cocasted aluminum hub. However, unlike I had originally assumed, the vanes are pillar instead of directional. Still, a lighter weight alternative!

https://shop.ahw-shop.de/original-vw-bremsscheiben-340x30-bremsen-vorn-5q0615301p

So basically VW learnt from the stupid mistakes on the CCS brakes (drilled with direction vanes, with one disc rotating the wrong way)…...

nice cheap set up of those & the no pad slot Audi TTS calipers as a straight bolt on....or go up & get Macan & 345mm mk6 R discs...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Macan calipers as they have pad swap slots....(TT-S do not)..

Also on the Macan/TT-S thread they have test fitted & found that the Mk6 Golf "R" 345mm discs fit & match the Macan calipers (as Macan uses 345mm discs at factory)….

There are a few two piece rotors under £900/pair....dba & Tar.ox...

I've done the Macan calipers, so I can swap pads. If you plan to do a bunch of track days, it's a good solution over PP. I spent 850 total and sold PP fronts for 450. It's pretty cost effective. It's also a standard Brembo backing plate, so the pads are cheaper and you have availability of almost every pad compound from every manufacture you can think of.

Last edited:

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
I'm planning on using the Zimmermann blank rotors this summer with Audi RS3 brake ducts installed to help cool the brake pads. Looking to use EBC YellowStuff and Ferodo DS2500 at the front (if FCP carries them). You can try using the Porsche 911 GT3 brake ducts but you'll have to cut it so it fits our MQB. I brought it to my mechanic to install the Porsche 911 GT3 brake ducts on my GTI last summer but he didn't like it and said he wasn't comfortable with me using such a ghetto set up on the track so I picked up the Audi RS3 brake ducts instead. He tracks with us a few times a year so I trust his judgement.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm planning on using the Zimmermann blank rotors this summer with Audi RS3 brake ducts installed to help cool the brake pads. Looking to use EBC YellowStuff and Ferodo DS2500 at the front (if FCP carries them). You can try using the Porsche 911 GT3 brake ducts but you'll have to cut it so it fits our MQB. I brought it to my mechanic to install the Porsche 911 GT3 brake ducts on my GTI last summer but he didn't like it and said he wasn't comfortable with me using such a ghetto set up on the track so I picked up the Audi RS3 brake ducts instead. He tracks with us a few times a year so I trust his judgement.

Ghetto? lol. You trim an inch off both sides, remove a couple tabs, and use zipties to secure it, just like you use on the RS3 ducts. They're also $8. Your mechanic is lazy.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion

Just wondering, who do you use in Toronto? Looking for new shops.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Ghetto? lol. You trim an inch off both sides, remove a couple tabs, and use zipties to secure it, just like you use on the RS3 ducts. They're also $8. Your mechanic is lazy.
It was more that it was hanging really low or something. I don't remember exactly since it was like 4 months ago and I deleted the WhatsApp convo. He certianly got it installed but he just wasn't comfortable with me driving around like that. I'll try again later and if it works, then I'll keep the Audi RS3 ones as backup. Or sell them.

Just wondering, who do you use in Toronto? Looking for new shops.

Did you join Club Wolfsburg? Come join if you haven't!

I use SFG Autohaus. Almost Racing next door is really good and lots of members are quite happy with them. Then there's Noble Peformance which is like a minute away from SFG and Wilson is an absolute wizard and really, really good with his skills. Not sure if he's done much work on MK7 GTIs and Golf Rs but he does my alignment.

Last edited:

glitronic

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI AutobahnDSG
Interesting find on the T-Roc R #5Q0615301P rotors.
Anybody have an exact weight vs oem Golf R/GTI PP rotor and the best way to get these in the US?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It was more that it was hanging really low or something. I don't remember exactly since it was like 4 months ago and I deleted the WhatsApp convo. He certianly got it installed but he just wasn't comfortable with me driving around like that. I'll try again later and if it works, then I'll keep the Audi RS3 ones as backup. Or sell them.

Did you join Club Wolfsburg? Come join if you haven't!

I use SFG Autohaus. Almost Racing next door is really good and lots of members are quite happy with them. Then there's Noble Peformance which is like a minute away from SFG and Wilson is an absolute wizard and really, really good with his skills. Not sure if he's done much work on MK7 GTIs and Golf Rs but he does my alignment.

They're supposed to hang down, that's how why they redirect more air than the RS3 ones. If you destroy it on a curb, it's $8, who cares?

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
^
Those look good.

I ended up ordering the ECS 2 piece slotted pair. Will be using these in a few weeks at Homestead with Porterfield R4 pads up front and R4S in back. When the track day is done I’ll swap back in the R4S up front for daily use. I’ve read the compounds are compatible.
Will report how it goes.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
These arrived today.
They look pretty nice.

Attachments

• 70297292-4FCE-4DA7-B6A0-64B1E71C8E5D.jpeg
    70297292-4FCE-4DA7-B6A0-64B1E71C8E5D.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 167
  • 182F8D5B-C8D5-4BF6-B6AC-0C2332B7C873.jpeg
    182F8D5B-C8D5-4BF6-B6AC-0C2332B7C873.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 175
  • 0F13F96E-897E-4712-A1CE-FA3AC08FF0A7.jpeg
    0F13F96E-897E-4712-A1CE-FA3AC08FF0A7.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 176
  • 09A86CF0-CA25-4659-AF57-7F054FC37A8A.jpeg
    09A86CF0-CA25-4659-AF57-7F054FC37A8A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 184
  • 673D5FFC-0CC2-45D8-A92E-1A559C3AC90C.jpeg
    673D5FFC-0CC2-45D8-A92E-1A559C3AC90C.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 195

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
They aren’t worth the expense, but you already pulled the trigger on them. My recipe has been cheap blanks and splurge on pads and tires.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They aren’t worth the expense, but you already pulled the trigger on them. My recipe has been cheap blanks and splurge on pads and tires.

That's how I come out on it too. I bought cheap blanks from FCPeuro and I'm going to test that warranty. ?

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
Yea i hear fcpeuro has replacement warranty but i get mine from rockauto, usually about 20$/axle. So cheap i always carry one set in stock, just in case. So cheap that i replace them every time i replace pads, whether worn or not.

Now fcpeuro doesnt have subaru parts but same is true for my M5, much cheaper on rockauto. I have a feeling fcpeuro charges you up front for the warranty (like autozone) and hopes not to have to replace it more than once perhaps, as most ppl move onto another car within that timeframe.

Rockauto has rotors starting at 12$ for some of my cars, 15$ for gti. Some ppl spend more on starbucks daily ?‍♂️

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yea i hear fcpeuro has replacement warranty but i get mine from rockauto, usually about 20$/axle. So cheap i always carry one set in stock, just in case. So cheap that i replace them every time i replace pads, whether worn or not.

Now fcpeuro doesnt have subaru parts but same is true for my M5, much cheaper on rockauto. I have a feeling fcpeuro charges you up front for the warranty (like autozone) and hopes not to have to replace it more than once perhaps, as most ppl move onto another car within that timeframe.

Rockauto has rotors starting at 12$ for some of my cars, 15$ for gti. Some ppl spend more on starbucks daily ?‍♂️

Jokes on them, I'm keeping this car for a long time. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Who am I kidding, I get bored 3 years tops.

Last edited: