GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Decisions, decisions

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
To bad the T-Roc is not out. Sounds like a car for you and dog.
I use a dog carrier like thus below. Keeps all hair in and dogs love it. I have two in it at 40lbs each. German Shepherd may also fit.
GTI will meet needs unless you lived in an area with much more snow. Get the Performance Package items and it will help with the snow you do deal with. Good snow tires will also help the GTI a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My dog will go crazy if I put her in one of those but it doesn’t hurt to try something like that to see if she likes it.

Anyways get the R or my next favorite would be an AllTrack with a JB4 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suneohair1

Passed Driver's Ed
Base is entry level R
Top Trim is adding in DCC and Nav

That doesn't exist for 2018, that's all I was really pointing out. There is just the top trim this year.

My point still stands though, once you add in discounts (especially for 2018) it is easily $10k across the board.

My projections for the 2018s (currently deciding myself but think I've landed on the Autobahn) show ~$11k difference on the Autobahn and ~$15k difference for an SE. Based on the discount numbers I am seeing reported and MSRP for the R.

Even at $2k off for the R (which is difficult to achieve but I've seen reports), this changes to ~$9k and ~$13k for the Autobahn and SE respectively.

jcarl126

Ready to race!

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
^ "NEVER tuned."

So [username: Badsmell, location: Uranus] questions aside, I'm assuming the smart buyer takes a used GTI or R in for a tune check. As in, the dealer would be willing to scan for a tune for a small fee right? Hypothetically.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Sheehy VW has $8100 off 18 SE’s. S manuals for 19k. Yall missed that...? Lol.

jcarl126

Ready to race!
^ "NEVER tuned."

So [username: Badsmell, location: Uranus] questions aside, I'm assuming the smart buyer takes a used GTI or R in for a tune check. As in, the dealer would be willing to scan for a tune for a small fee right? Hypothetically.

haha i saw the username and was instantly thinking, "hm NO" - but maybe its rude to assume? ehh. screw it. hahah better safe than sorry.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I took a quick look at one of those +$700 process fee + freight $1000? I didn't see anything about incentives but assume I wouldn't get most of them

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
nice, but not a DSG (add 1500$) and is clear across the country from me, so would be a sight unseen purchase plus shipping deal which would be another $1200 to 2000. Do like the Oryx White on R's... especially when they have Pretorias :eek:

You wouldn’t add $1,500 for DSG... used cars don’t really see price adds for transmission.

Shipping can be cheap, I shipped my 911 from FL to TX for $550.

Besides any more than that you can buy a one way ticket for $200-$400 and take a road trip.

cb1111

You can contact them and realise that most people will not be qualified to all the incentives included in the listed price.
In addition, you need to add freight and options.

I actually have an email from them that includes destination and options (of course) and then they say "the advertised price includes financing incentives, military, partner and graduate discounts. You may not qualify for all discounts that total $3000. To our low advertised price you just need to add destination, options and dealer processing of $699, tax and tags."

So, take that $8000, subtract 3000 subtract $850 (so we're at $4150) and options ($1100 for automatic, and about $350 for trunk trays and what-not) so we are at $2700.

Creative advertising.

hoodednpdx

I added an APR plus upgrade to my 2017 GTI and it gave it way more unff. Definitely something worth looking into

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bvstp

Passed Driver's Ed
I went w the R. No regrets. It’s a 2017, bout in 2017 and I got it at a discount. No games, did not pay MSRP or over. And no regrets. It snows here, it’s hilly, my driveway is a hill and I only wanted AWD.
I’m not one to tune cars and worry about the resale being less or voided warranties because of it. And the Lapiz Blue is only on the R...at least in the states. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk