GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Decent camera for Autocross / track

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Some good info. I like simple and seamless.

Looks like Race Chrono is the way to go

I think you're the 2nd person to mention the tackform.
Little pricey, but must be good
Yes, the tackform isn't the cheapest option, but it works really well. Very adjustable, well made. It's secure enough that I use minimal camera stabilization. I also got one with a suction cup to hold my phone to the left of the steering wheel. Highly recommend them. Plus when you get the camera mount for Christmas it makes it more cost effective! :)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

It's a year later but randomly ended up with both of these. Haven't used the GPS device yet as I've been using the phone GPS which is terrible btw.

Also got this to put the GPS receiver against the windshield. Going to get some velcro tape for easy removal of actual gps Device.

https://www.sportys.com/windshield-suction-mount-for-bluetooth-gps-receivers.html

Have been using Track Addict on my Samsung mounted to the Tackform and Race Render for processing. Track Addict is great. Race Render is clunky and not intuitive to use, but I've gotten used to it now.

At this point, i don't think i need standalone camera or anything.

Only other thing might be a headrest mount to capture steering.

Here's an example.

I then updated gauges so they're larger

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I need to get a decent sports/activity digital camera sooner or later.

Back in the day I used to have a fixed tripod mount bolted into the center of the back seats in my RX8 with a D-VHS camcorder.

These days it’s my son in the passenger seat with his iPhone (gives you the best feel for vehicle dynamics!)

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I need to get a decent sports/activity digital camera sooner or later.

Back in the day I used to have a fixed tripod mount bolted into the center of the back seats in my RX8 with a D-VHS camcorder.

These days it’s my son in the passenger seat with his iPhone (gives you the best feel for vehicle dynamics!)

Second one is prohibited in SCCA sanctioned events, as it's a liability issue.

Living on the edge.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
It's a year later but randomly ended up with both of these. Haven't used the GPS device yet as I've been using the phone GPS which is terrible btw.

Also got this to put the GPS receiver against the windshield. Going to get some velcro tape for easy removal of actual gps Device.

https://www.sportys.com/windshield-suction-mount-for-bluetooth-gps-receivers.html

Have been using Track Addict on my Samsung mounted to the Tackform and Race Render for processing. Track Addict is great. Race Render is clunky and not intuitive to use, but I've gotten used to it now.

At this point, i don't think i need standalone camera or anything.

Only other thing might be a headrest mount to capture steering.

Here's an example.

I then updated gauges so they're larger

What mount are you using for your phone camera?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion