GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Debadged Grille or stock Grill

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The gti we made a piece from plan old patch panel sheet metal and welded to the factory hood.

The Tdi had damage to the hood from ice falling of a truck, so we cut a piece from the leading edge of the factory hood and made the filler out of it. That way the leading edge was double thickness the whole way across as if it came from the factory that way. Both look great in person, and both are examples of why the plastic piece they provide belongs in the trash. My biggest pet peeve is improperly filled notches, mk4 kids are the most guilty of it ha

mkygod

Ready to race!
Doesn't look right without some kind of badge to me. Maybe u can rig something up like this:

bigindian869

Does anyone know of a front grill that doesn't include the GTI badge or a spot for it? I like the look of completely badgeless (no VW or GTI badge), but I'm not interested in spending the time or money on doing the VW badge delete the right way. I feel like the front grill would still look better without the GTI badge while keeping the VW badge. Maybe it's just me, but I feel the symmetrical look is better. However, I haven't seen anyone that makes a front grill that retains the notch for the VW badge, but not the GTI badge. They all have that mounting point for the GTI badge and that just looks unfinished to me. Am I the only one out there that would want something like that?

MattB1

Ready to race!
Does anyone know of a front grill that doesn't include the GTI badge or a spot for it? I like the look of completely badgeless (no VW or GTI badge), but I'm not interested in spending the time or money on doing the VW badge delete the right way. I feel like the front grill would still look better without the GTI badge while keeping the VW badge. Maybe it's just me, but I feel the symmetrical look is better. However, I haven't seen anyone that makes a front grill that retains the notch for the VW badge, but not the GTI badge. They all have that mounting point for the GTI badge and that just looks unfinished to me. Am I the only one out there that would want something like that?

I've looked for one too and had no luck. I have considered getting a spare grill and having a go at attacking the GTI badge mount with a dremel....

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Doesn't look right without some kind of badge to me. Maybe u can rig something up like this:

Hmm, yeah, I could live with that. Then again, I will probably keep living with the oem design AND LIKE IT. In fact, it dawns on me VW made that front badge 2x bigger so as to require gaps in the hood and bumper. They knew modders would not be so quick to remove the big, honkin' silver "VW" if they would be left with big holes to fill. Those devious basterds. Could it have been the same guys who "masterminded" dieselgate? :p

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
To each his own. I'd never get rid of the trademark red stripe. There's a lot of history behind that. I don't believe in rearranging badges in general though. And I'm old. You kids go ahead and make your cars look as wild as you want to. I can't stop you.

And get off my lawn.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
To each his own. I'd never get rid of the trademark red stripe. There's a lot of history behind that. I don't believe in rearranging badges in general though. And I'm old. You kids go ahead and make your cars look as wild as you want to. I can't stop you.

And get off my lawn.

^^:D

bigindian869

I've looked for one too and had no luck. I have considered getting a spare grill and having a go at attacking the GTI badge mount with a dremel....

Yeah, that seems to be the only way to do it. Wish they would have just created some kind of clip that would attach the badge instead of having a badge mount. I've thought about doing the same thing with a dremel, but don't know that I care THAT much about doing it.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I photoshopped this up real quick. Which do you guys prefer? I think the grill debadging works better on the R than it does on the GTI.

This is my favorite pic. I wish I could do this to my car. I would leave the red stripe in though. To bad the hood has the half moon cut out and it cannot be done for cheap :(
I will try to black\grey it out but it just wont look as good...