GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Debadged Grille or stock Grill

braveulysses

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 mk7 gti
i never liked the blacked out emblem look, looks cheap. the vw in silver looks nice on any color car. I don't mind the red stripe either. It's a signature of gti.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
i never liked the blacked out emblem look, looks cheap. the vw in silver looks nice on any color car. I don't mind the red stripe either. It's a signature of gti.

I do not mind the chrome emblem, but it is HUGE, it should had been half the size and not cut in the hood, then it would have looked good IMO

I will try to plastic dip it close to the color of my car since my car is gunmetal anyway, worse case I will peel it off..

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I like black out emblems on a white car, hopefully I'll do it soon on mine. I thought about doing an R style grill because I'm not a huge fan of the honeycomb, but then I still have the honeycomb on the lower part so it'll prolly look weird.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Does anyone know of a front grill that doesn't include the GTI badge or a spot for it? I like the look of completely badgeless (no VW or GTI badge), but I'm not interested in spending the time or money on doing the VW badge delete the right way. I feel like the front grill would still look better without the GTI badge while keeping the VW badge. Maybe it's just me, but I feel the symmetrical look is better. However, I haven't seen anyone that makes a front grill that retains the notch for the VW badge, but not the GTI badge. They all have that mounting point for the GTI badge and that just looks unfinished to me. Am I the only one out there that would want something like that?

it seems like you might be the only one looking for something that specific. all the badgeless grills out there are all or nothing. it would be interesting to see one though.

So I looked at my '15 TDI Sportwagen with lighting pkg. Grille has no badge cutout, and it may be fun to put a TDI logo there. Also, being red, maybe mine would look great with the red stripes. Ideas if I could trade across for a red stripe to give any of you the same without a red stripe? I'm not sure about the blacked out headlight casings, though. Thoughts? It's break-up time for us, so the front of my car is a muddy mess now.

.James

Doesn't look right without some kind of badge to me. Maybe u can rig something up like this:

Wow that grille with the smaller logo looks perfect. Where can I get it?

FastShifter

Does anyone know of a front grill that doesn't include the GTI badge or a spot for it? I like the look of completely badgeless (no VW or GTI badge), but I'm not interested in spending the time or money on doing the VW badge delete the right way. I feel like the front grill would still look better without the GTI badge while keeping the VW badge. Maybe it's just me, but I feel the symmetrical look is better. However, I haven't seen anyone that makes a front grill that retains the notch for the VW badge, but not the GTI badge. They all have that mounting point for the GTI badge and that just looks unfinished to me. Am I the only one out there that would want something like that?
I completely agree. I've been looking for the exact same setup: delete the GTI badge and then black out the big goofy VW badge with a different aftermarket solution. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find this anywhere.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I completely agree. I've been looking for the exact same setup: delete the GTI badge and then black out the big goofy VW badge with a different aftermarket solution. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find this anywhere.

Did you read the posts above?