GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealing with hard water

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
If one uses a soap with a wax component, it can become easier to dry and avoid spots. Even a wet wax type rinse aid can help a little too
Yeah that should help too. I’m not sure what’s in ONR but it’s always been good for me.

I’ve read that some like to use Optimum Wax as a drying aid, but that always felt like a waste to me. It never felt like it was adding anything to drying and as a wax it seemed more effective to use on a dry car, YMMV, of course.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
2B8185E4-8A48-4271-B0B6-7759D81B8B89.jpeg
Found it! This thing is great. Dries the car in maybe 5 minutes.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I usually use my Toro gas blower, but it's not exactly light.

Is that lightweight? I'm assuming sorta quiet too?
I'm going to assume your toro will out perform mine. Battery powered just isn't there yet. I'd say it's light but after holding it a few minutes she does feel a bit heavy. With battery I think it's about 10-15 pounds. Also, at full blast mine is loud. But probably no where near as loud as yours.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I never had great luck with blowers for drying, but I probably never had one that was powerful enough. Using a fresh microfiber towel per panel has been pretty effective though. My car is due for clay and polish, but you have to get pretty close to see any micro scratching.... and even that’s only visible in certain lighting.

I tried one of those “water blade” things years ago but as hard as I tried to keep it clean I could see some super fine scratching after a few uses. That was with a Subaru though, which tend to come with less than durable paint... might have worked better on a Volkswagen’s hard paint.