GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealers - Philly Burbs PA

RuffledJersey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 S DSG
Need to take car in for recall service and looking to see if people have opinions on dealers in Philly western burbs including Garnet, D’Ambrosio, Springfield, Piazza, Fred Beans, etc.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Fred Beans SUCKS. Please, do yourself a favor and never go there for anything.

My gf just had her car repaired at Garnet and it was a good experience. Most communicative service writer I’ve ever had. I’d give Garnet the thumbs up.

RuffledJersey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 S DSG
If you're willing to make the drive, I've heard nothing but good things about Smith VW in Delaware.
Actually, I’m closer to Smith than all the others except Garnet. For logistical reasons, I can’t do a drop-off and Smith isn’t giving me the option to wait when I try to make a recall appointment.

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
If you're willing to make the drive, I've heard nothing but good things about Smith VW in Delaware.

I haven’t had any particularly great experiences with them. I went a bunch due to the good press and haven’t really been impressed. Service Manager is a good guy though. Their “Performance Guy” sucks now that Arno’s gone. Whoever the guy who sits on the left is.

RuffledJersey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 S DSG
Just to follow up on this - I ended up going to Garnet and had a good experience.

I also had an oil change done while I was there and they did the usual multi-point inspection including alignment check. The service writer said everything checked out and didn’t try to sell me any unnecessary or dealer-recommended services. (Though I did have to bite my tongue when they recommended a cabin air filter replacement to another customer since I know how much dealers overcharge for this.)

It’s a little thing but their next service sticker was in line with the VW maintenance schedule of 10k mi/1 year (unlike the last dealer who put down 5k/6 mos.)

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
avoid colonial vw in feasterville at all costs.

i went there for a brake job in a pinch and they somehow mounted 2 of my rotiforms in the 5x114.3 holes and destroyed two wheel hubs(didnt this find out untill earlier this month, cost me an additional $700). they also scratched up my wheels too. never even returned my calls.

Attachments

• 342E5928-41AE-4DFD-ADB0-06B637F63AB7.jpeg
    342E5928-41AE-4DFD-ADB0-06B637F63AB7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 79

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
avoid colonial vw in feasterville at all costs.

i went there for a brake job in a pinch and they somehow mounted 2 of my rotiforms in the 5x114.3 holes and destroyed two wheel hubs(didnt this find out untill earlier this month, cost me an additional $700). they also scratched up my wheels too. never even returned my calls.
So nothing happened after that letter?

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So nothing happened after that letter?
Nope they never called me, emailed me or returned my messages I left for the service manager.

I have pictures of my wheels in the parking lot that morning before i handed over the keys and after i picked them up too( i knew this would would happen) Been meaning to contact VWoA but not sure its even worth fighting for though at this point.

PSU

1660/5000
I haven’t had any particularly great experiences with them. I went a bunch due to the good press and haven’t really been impressed. Service Manager is a good guy though. Their “Performance Guy” sucks now that Arno’s gone. Whoever the guy who sits on the left is.
Zach or Daryl?

Zach has long hair and Daryl has a shaved head.

PSU

1660/5000
Just to follow up on this - I ended up going to Garnet and had a good experience.

I also had an oil change done while I was there and they did the usual multi-point inspection including alignment check. The service writer said everything checked out and didn’t try to sell me any unnecessary or dealer-recommended services. (Though I did have to bite my tongue when they recommended a cabin air filter replacement to another customer since I know how much dealers overcharge for this.)

It’s a little thing but their next service sticker was in line with the VW maintenance schedule of 10k mi/1 year (unlike the last dealer who put down 5k/
Smith Volkswagen

Last edited:

CKIVSEPA

Passed Driver's Ed
nothing but good experiences so far at Garnet.
It's a bit of a drive, but they've been good so far.

Can't say the same for Beans or Piazza.
Certainly not D'Ambrosio...

If you don't want to go dealer, check out MacLanes in Downingtown.
Former VW master tech who went out on his own.
Good guy, nice shop.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
nothing but good experiences so far at Garnet.
It's a bit of a drive, but they've been good so far.

Can't say the same for Beans or Piazza.
Certainly not D'Ambrosio...

If you don't want to go dealer, check out MacLanes in Downingtown.
Former VW master tech who went out on his own.
Good guy, nice shop.

yeah I liked garnet a few months ago when my gf’s alternator died. She got her car from beans and they were miserable.

maxiyah

i use piazza as i bought my car there. i make sure to remind them everytime not to wash my car as they run it through a car wash and have scratched my rims before, but they fixed that asap. only had car for 3 yrs and 20k miles but have no other problems with that dealership. my 20k maintenance schedule they also found coolant leaking from somewhere and replaced that part as well.. over good exp. from piazza.