GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealers and Soundaktor

\w/

Ready to race!
Went to the dealers to get my soundaktor turned down and they didn't know how to do it. Showed them this thread:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6713

And they still didn't know. The mechanic said he can "tinker" with it, but I don't wanna be a Guinea Pig.

Is there a way I can turn it off (without unplugging) myself without a Vag-Com?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
If you have an Android phone you could use OBDEleven. You'd also need to get a OBDII dongle to interface the phone with the CANBUS.

\w/

Ready to race!
Thanks, but no android phones here. Anything for iOS?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Nothing like OBDEleven that is reasonably priced. Ross-Tech has VCDS Mobile, but that is even more expensive than the cable interfaces.

Check the regional forums and find someone with VCDS who can turn the Soundactor off for you. Sad that dealer tech's don't now sh!t about the cars they work on... :(

\w/

Ready to race!
Don't get me started. This is the same dealer that told me there is no such thing as a 2dr gti s PP with LP

Steve A

Ready to race!
From what I understand - the small one just serves the soundaktor while the large one has some pass through circuits that do something else.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Doesn't either one work just fine?
#

The front one is easy to get to and it is all done in under 5 minutes, reconnecting that one is easy as well as I have just done it as turned it to zero with OBDeleven..

aunsafe2015

Ready to race!
From what I understand - the small one just serves the soundaktor while the large one has some pass through circuits that do something else.

Yeah I've read something to that effect but I've never heard anybody actually have a problem when the big one is unplugged. I wonder what potentially problems, if any, it actually creates. (My big one is unplugged for nearly 6 months and no problems here)

(oz)

Passed Driver's Ed
This. If you are anywhere near Houston, I can take care of it.

I honestly don't know anyone with a VCDS cable who's not willing to provide assistance... Feels good to help fellow enthusiasts out! Good on ya' SomeDude! :D

\w/

Ready to race!
This. If you are anywhere near Houston, I can take care of it.

Nah I'm quite a bit up north from there :/

I honestly don't know anyone with a VCDS cable who's not willing to provide assistance... Feels good to help fellow enthusiasts out! Good on ya' SomeDude! :D

Yup, the community here is top notch

Tone1

Ready to race!
Why don't you just have the dealership plug in VCDS and do it yourself, literally takes less than a minute. Unless they won't allow that it seems like the easiest route.

\w/

Ready to race!
Why don't you just have the dealership plug in VCDS and do it yourself, literally takes less than a minute. Unless they won't allow that it seems like the easiest route.

Tried that, they won't let any customer near their precious VCDS.

Hands down the most useless dealership I've ever feat with.