GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer told me that all four wheels are bent. I have some questions.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Is it possible that you did this and just forgot about it?

mtk12

Passed Driver's Ed
Gr
To check wheels they need to be removed from the car.
Many things impact rotation when on the car.
They can even remove tire so they are only checking the wheel and they should measure for run out not just eye ball it.

If the tire did not seat correctly (poor soap application) the tire can wobble on the wheel and look out of round.

To bend all 4 takes a very big impact - curb or pot hole that hits all 4 wheels.
Single OE tire can be bend if pot hole big enough and two on one side can be bent but all 4 takes something special.

Find a tire shop or place like NTW of Firestone and ask them to check a couple.
If those are bad pull the other two and check.

Repair cost depends on location of damage. On face of wheel costs more. On inside of wheel less.
If bad damage they a repair could crack the wheel.
Forged wheel harder to fix than cast as the stronger wheel is harder to work.

Avg repair cost including repaint is $100.
Austins with machined face harder to repair as they also need clear coat. Mine was damaged on inside lip, so lucky.
Still $100.
Great info. Really appreciate the help. Planning on taking it to a tire shop and doing exactly that. Thanks!

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Tire shop is definitely the way forward. I'd only fix what is really bent - I'll be kinda surprised if all 4 are tweaked.

The Englishtowns seem to be a strong wheel, but they are also a very heavy wheel, about 2 lbs more per corner than the also-not-so-light Cadiz wheel that the '15-16's came with. That difference was immediately noticeable to me when I went from a '16 to a '19 last year.