GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer claiming my heated mirrors are aftermarket?

Jaws4096

Recently had my 2016 Golf R (purchased used last year) passenger mirror knocked off, which was heated and folding. I took it to the dealer for replacement. They put a non-folding, non-heated mirror on. They claimed that the previous mirror was installed after-market by the last owner, and showed me my VIN from VW that did not show "heated mirrors" as an option. So my first question is, could the 2016 Golf R even be purchased without heated folding side mirrors? And if not, what recourse do I have in demanding that they install the correct mirror?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I think they are confused about what feature is aftermarket. I'm 99% sure they are all heated, but I don't believe any US Golfs have a folding mirror option. My mirrors are folding mirrors from the China market cars, but they've always been heated.

Jaws4096

VIN is WVWLF7AU0GW045324. Correction to earlier post - the new mirror is heated but is not folding like the old one / existing driver's side was / is.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
VIN is WVWLF7AU0GW045324. Correction to earlier post - the new mirror is heated but is not folding like the old one / existing driver's side was / is.

So you got what the car came with from the factory. Question, why did you take it to a dealer vs a local shop? Could have almost certainly paid less literally anywhere else. You'd need to order something like this to get them to get your folding functionality back.

https://www.shopdap.com/mk7-gti-golfr-folding-mirrors-with-dap.html

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If the dealer told you in advance they were going to install a non-folding mirror then fine. If not tell them to take it off and refund your money. Then buy the folding one.