GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Dealer claiming my heated mirrors are aftermarket?

Jaws4096

Recently had my 2016 Golf R (purchased used last year) passenger mirror knocked off, which was heated and folding. I took it to the dealer for replacement. They put a non-folding, non-heated mirror on. They claimed that the previous mirror was installed after-market by the last owner, and showed me my VIN from VW that did not show "heated mirrors" as an option. So my first question is, could the 2016 Golf R even be purchased without heated folding side mirrors? And if not, what recourse do I have in demanding that they install the correct mirror?

flipflp

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'16 Golf R DSG
I think they are confused about what feature is aftermarket. I'm 99% sure they are all heated, but I don't believe any US Golfs have a folding mirror option. My mirrors are folding mirrors from the China market cars, but they've always been heated.

Jaws4096

VIN is WVWLF7AU0GW045324. Correction to earlier post - the new mirror is heated but is not folding like the old one / existing driver's side was / is.

Fastlax16

Go Kart Champion
VIN is WVWLF7AU0GW045324. Correction to earlier post - the new mirror is heated but is not folding like the old one / existing driver's side was / is.
So you got what the car came with from the factory. Question, why did you take it to a dealer vs a local shop? Could have almost certainly paid less literally anywhere else. You'd need to order something like this to get them to get your folding functionality back.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If the dealer told you in advance they were going to install a non-folding mirror then fine. If not tell them to take it off and refund your money. Then buy the folding one.