GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DCC Suspension Mod by installing the DSC Sport Controller

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I finally got a chance to dig around in the controller tables a bit after the comment about not seeing differences between normal/sport/track and it looks like it's mostly just a "comfort" setting, which looks like a static dampening factor? Gs, Accel, Braking, Launch, etc. are (at least in their stock map) all identical between modes. (Anyone can download the software and config file to poke around)
If you're spending $1300 for the PnP tables on OE shocks and don't plan on tuning them at all, it's not surprising there's either placebo or sticker-shock.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Interesting discussion. A bit beyond my areas of knowledge. The DSC controller box has a feature to set shock travel stops, for each shock, in mm of travel. It would, I imagine, require a car with travel sensors on each wheel to really make that work. And shocks as well as shock install points that can take the loads.
That’s cool

2019 Golf R

Passed Driver's Ed
If you want, it's possible to flash the DCC module to the Passat/Arteon 2021 firmware and dataset, which enables a range of 16 modes (from 0 to 15), where 0 is more comfortable than just comfort, and 15 is more stiff than sport.
I'd be very interested in this.... can't find a good link on google... do you know where I could go for this info?

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
I finally got a chance to dig around in the controller tables a bit after the comment about not seeing differences between normal/sport/track and it looks like it's mostly just a "comfort" setting, which looks like a static dampening factor? Gs, Accel, Braking, Launch, etc. are (at least in their stock map) all identical between modes. (Anyone can download the software and config file to poke around)
If you're spending $1300 for the PnP tables on OE shocks and don't plan on tuning them at all, it's not surprising there's either placebo or sticker-shock.
Thanks for checking. That is useful information. I recall being told that APR had done their calibration and I know of at least one other person who was told the same so I would expect preset, properly calibrated PnP maps for at least each of the basic modes. The custom maps is a nice option, but wouldn't be my starting point.

I gave this controller a try many moons ago and after all this time I still find myself reading between the lines with these guys. Unfortunate.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
If you want, it's possible to flash the DCC module to the Passat/Arteon 2021 firmware and dataset, which enables a range of 16 modes (from 0 to 15), where 0 is more comfortable than just comfort, and 15 is more stiff than sport.
Interesting. Didn't know it was possible.

I wonder if it proves to be useful. Meaning, you'd have to tie a 0-15 setting to each of the 3 modes and call it a day upon flashing correct? Or do you have a way to self adjust the 16 options from the MIB system yourself?

I recall sometime back that 2019 Rs didn't feel so different between preset modes. My 2017 for instance feels very different between modes.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I wonder if it proves to be useful. Meaning, you'd have to tie a 0-15 setting to each of the 3 modes and call it a day upon flashing correct? Or do you have a way to self adjust the 16 options from the MIB system yourself?
No, that wouldn't be useful if that were the case.
With the right FPA (driving profile) dataset, it's possible to get a slider to set it:

That way, you have the full range available.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
No, that wouldn't be useful if that were the case.
With the right FPA (driving profile) dataset, it's possible to get a slider to set it:

That way, you have the full range available.
Uhh I want that.
Now how do I get it flashed... Dealers are usually not keen to flash unless directed to. Not mine, anyhow.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
I suppose buying a current DCC module for a 2021 Passat/Arteon could work as a mere last resort plug and play option, but that doesn't mean the MIB will enable the extensive adjustment slider by default.

Many of the VCDS tweaks require both, enable of particular module settings and MIB menu separately.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Uhh I want that.
Now how do I get it flashed... Dealers are usually not keen to flash unless directed to. Not mine, anyhow.

Allright, here's what you need:
- DCC Firmware from 2020/2021 Arteon or Passat. They have the 0-15 range.
- The right DCC parametrisation that goes with this firmware
- FPA dataset (Gateway dataset that holds the settings for your driving profiles) that enables the slider.

You can flash them all with ODIS or VCP. VCDS and OBD11 cannot be used to do this.

Same. Maybe he has a mk8?

Nope, I had a MK7 GTE, and currently I'm driving a Seat Leon, which shares about 99% of the technical stuff with the Golf/GTI

I can deliver the firmware and datasets, but I will not post them in the public zone. You can PM me, and I'll send you a link to my dropbox.