GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DCC Setting for Optimal Longevity...

Any thoughts on this? I'm in Race mode about 98% of the time as I'm currently in Florida and enjoy the firm / planted feeling.

My thinking is that less suspension travel would potentially mean less wear on components?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I would say comfort mode puts less stain on the piston seals because there's less oil pressure on them even though they move more. I also don't have a clue whether it really makes any difference. I had a 1991 car with similar electrically-valved shocks. I used comfort mode near 100% of the time. They were shot at about 60,000 miles of mostly city driving. I would hope shocks have improved from 30 years ago.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I do not thinknin long run it matters.
When I am in my home area and know streets well I drive in comfort.
When I am in an area I do not know i run in normal. I find normal mode handles pot holes and man hole covers better.
When on twisty or high speed road by myself, then run sport or race in your case

I would just run what you like and need for the road.
56,000 miles and going OK so far.

Comfort mode might help reduce body squeeks some. Some!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Wondering about this is what an old friend of mine used to call "Trying to pick the fly shit out of the pepper."

Probably because a set of 4 OEM struts without springs, bearings, or other needed parts or installation is $2,000. Going by the last car I had with electric shocks that's double.:(

Last edited:

S1ack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Probably because a set of 4 OEM struts without springs, bearings, or other needed parts or installation is $2,000. Going by the last car I had with electric shocks that's double.:(
From ShopDAP...
Bilstein B6 Damptronic rear = $315
Bilstein B6 Damptronic front = $375
That $1380, not cheap, but not $2000.