GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DCC Retrofit

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Location
Pacific NW
I had comfort added to my gateway by the guys at VAG Retrofit & Coding. They are still working on getting the Driving Mode menu to popup on my infotainment but I get the indication for mode change in the cluster and on the top line of the infotainment screen. In Comfort it still allows for some body roll and it does a good job muting road imperfections. I haven't spent much time in Normal but it seems pretty close to Comfort. In Sport I can feel everything in the road and body roll is greatly reduced. I'll be in Comfort mode 99% of the time with the other 1% in Sport for canyon drives.

I changed my infotainment (bad unit) and lost my driving modes pop up. To get "driving modes" pop up menu I changed this line of adaptations code in 5F (infotainment) to active.

ENG122229-ENG117736-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-charisma_0x17"
 

Cuzoe

Autocross Newbie
Location
Los Angeles
Gotcha, have the seller press the driving mode button and take a picture of the screen pops up. If it does not have DCC it will look like this...
IMG_20210206_122315_026.jpg

If it has DCC it will show at the top, like this...
IMG_20210206_123154_981.jpg
 

Cuzoe

Autocross Newbie
Location
Los Angeles
I changed my infotainment (bad unit) and lost my driving modes pop up. To get "driving modes" pop up menu I changed this line of adaptations code in 5F (infotainment) to active.

ENG122229-ENG117736-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-charisma_0x17"
I had already done that, based on your post from the thread about driving modes. The guys at VAG Retrofit & Coding believed it to be a parameterization issue in my MIB 2.5. I don't know what ended up being the exact problem but it did take another remote session with them to fix.
 

doctor

Passed Driver's Ed
Location
VAG
Car(s)
.
I changed my infotainment (bad unit) and lost my driving modes pop up. To get "driving modes" pop up menu I changed this line of adaptations code in 5F (infotainment) to active.

ENG122229-ENG117736-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-charisma_0x17"
If this adaptation channel is not active, you cannot change modes. Neither in the dashclock nor in the mib.

Moreover, this adaptation channel was already open on mib, and Cuzue's car can change driving profiles, but Cuzoe couldn't see that on the mib menu.

But eventually the problem was solved.
 
Last edited:

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Location
Texas
So I've now got Modes, including Comfort. @AWD4416 do you know what value your rear left level sensor showed fully extended? And about what value it shows with the car sitting on the suspension? My rear stays stiff, no doubt due to that sensor. I'm thinking I'm going to replace it but I'd like to know what I should be seeing for values, granted that I'm torsion beam versus your IRS.
View attachment 202671View attachment 202672
That's awesome, might have to reach to the guys at VAG retrofits, I was trying to add it my self but I just couldn't figure out how to download the needed data from the gateway to modify it.

I'll jack up my GTI tomorrow and let you know the values of the rear sensor.
 

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Location
Texas
@Cuzoe Here is the "Raw value" of the level sensors with the GTI off the ground.

Left Front - 66.43
Right Front - 36.87
Left Rear - 63.31
 

Cuzoe

Autocross Newbie
Location
Los Angeles
Awesome, thanks. I'll have to check mine again, rear still feels too stiff in Comfort. Now I can tell which mode I'm in as soon as I start driving. The difference between comfort and sport was super obvious from the start but now I can recognize all three.

Tangentially related, wife took her car for tire rotation and the service center pumped all four up to "best range" pressure of 45 PSI. Got in there and I was like why does this car feel like Sport Mode and have body roll 😂.
 
Top