GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DCC, Dynaudio and Discover Pro; are they worth it?

Moez

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all

I'm planning to buy a car soon, and i'm 80% settled on the GTI.

Wanted to check your opinions regarding opting for DCC, Dynaudio and Discover Pro Nav; are they worth it? especially in Dubai where almost all of the roads are paved and its rarely to use navigation here.

Since as you know Al Naboodah doesn't have these options as standard even on the highest trim, so is it worth it to order them and wait for the 4 month delivery?

Also I understood that the combined cost of these options will be around 10-12K additional, is that correct?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Moez

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Hi Moez,

It's completely down to your choice, I personally wouldn't spend for the Nav might consider the Dynaudio but would 100 % opt for DCC. Primarily because it's not something you can fit aftermarket.

I was initially looking at a top of the line gti myself but after test driving the R I had to have the R. I ordered a basic R but added 19" rims, sunroof and DCC. paid around 14k extra and have a wait time of 5 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Oh you definitely want dcc with driver profile selection. I have it and its amazing. you just got to have it. i opted out of dynaudio cos it would set my insurance back quite a bit. you dont necessarily want navigation. just spend less than 1k on a garmin system and ur fine.

Moez

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Mukul, i think this is the most reasonable choice,

also i think that garmin out performs the discover Pro from Navigation perspective, so it comes down just to the screen size which is not that much difference.