GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DBV2 V2 S3 vs. HoonTuned is38 GTI

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Its on 23-24psi, 3* timing (S3). It will be much different on fueling.
My IS38 would break some hearts, this isn't surprising to me :) Good runs

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Its on 23-24psi, 3* timing (S3). It will be much different on fueling.
My IS38 would break some hearts, this isn't surprising to me :) Good runs

You'll have the S3 flying when properly supported, Twist is going to catch the gap but with the weight advantage it shouldn't be a terrible beating. This S3 has stock MAP/PUT sensors?

This tune is about 25psi peak commanded (sees a max of 26ish after the shifts) with very little taper (playing games to limit airmass/stroke and avoid overrunning the HPFP too badly) and about 14.5 degrees of peak timing. It's on the knock threshold but there's only a few more hp to be had via timing anyway. I sent him a file with a touch more boost and timing but that's beyond the sensible stopping point. He can use that at his discretion.

You know the drill...Twist and I are walking a fine line with his car to avoid completely overrunning the stock HPFP, and I'm still seeing a 45 bar drop in fuel pressure after the shifts. Limit the boost and backfill the added fueling capacity with more E, add timing to regain the lost TQ while making more HP up top. The usual type of games we play when manipulating stock hardware to make more power than is sensible.

Twist doesn't like sacrificing any boost, but that's the trade-off on stock hardware. He should have a solid trap speed as is.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Yeah we both can't wait to see it on full fueling it's going to be a monster with moose on it!

The s3 and I are pretty close friends and have been going down the rabbit hole together so to speak. This is more a daily for him. He is about to have a 1000hp LS swapped 335i that makes my GTI look like a Camry from a roll.

I'll repost the rematch here but I'm def expecting a decent pounding lol but I think it'll be close!

Last edited:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Never thought it would, just needed more info on the S3. For now, why isn't the S3 doing at least a blend?

Nope all stock stuff. I think he just spiced the tank with a tiny bit for octane. He's having issues with knock. We went through his logs both races and it was about 25-26psi flat and 6* of timing up at wash. We then turned it down and reran and his logs were cleaner but I turned off TC and actually dead hooked 3rd for once -_-

I also have a video of his car VS regular is38 eurodyne and we were damn near doors. Both on pump gas.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Put that thing on a diet and pummel his ass. :cool:

He's got a DBV2 on 31psi he doesn't need a diet lol.

They weighed both cars and Twist was only 100lbs lighter in winter mode.

He's got a hot tune in it for the night but the S3 should easily put the gap on him.

BlueS3

He's got a DBV2 on 31psi he doesn't need a diet lol.

They weighed both cars and Twist was only 100lbs lighter in winter mode.

He's got a hot tune in it for the night but the S3 should easily put the gap on him.
I was actually Completely out of fuel and didnt know because my gas gauge isnt working and twist had a full tank. I was stripped out for that weight as well. Also car is peaking 31psi but mostly 29psi thru the rev range.

BlueS3

Same runs Twist posted but since everyone likes mexico videos so much, I have a few other non MQB videos on my channel that you may like. Enjoy.

Last edited: