GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dbv2 v2 jb 1200obo

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Essentially yes but there’s a little more to it than just swapping CHRAs on most of these hybrids.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
My point stands. It’s rebuilt(likely due to failure) and that taints any potential sale. Drew questioned why it hasn’t sold yet. That’s why. Rebuilt alternator, water pump, starter fine. Turbo? Hard Pass. I’m sure someone will buy it, but it won’t fly off the shelf like you seem to think it should.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My point stands. It’s rebuilt(likely due to failure) and that taints any potential sale. Drew questioned why it hasn’t sold yet. That’s why. Rebuilt alternator, water pump, starter fine. Turbo? Hard Pass. I’m sure someone will buy it, but it won’t fly off the shelf like you seem to think it should.
Please explain to me how rebuilding a hybrid turbo is any different than the first time the builder stripped a turbo and then put their wheels etc in it. Seems like the exact same process to me.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Rebuilt is the key factor here.
Yup….

Also, from a perspective of just watching the for sale section… elephant in the room - dbv2 hybrids are the most common ones that you see a person selling a rebuilt unit (that broke on them under warranty clearly) and the seller doesn’t feel comfortable putting the unit back on.

I’m sure that’s part of why you see it listed for a while the last one for sale was the same way… took a while to sell and a few rounds of price deducts.

Not saying the hybrids and brand are no go at all cause everything I see from them all seems high quality, but the whole history of posts on them and the few members that posted “was told it was from foreign material entering the intake” I’m
Sure makes people nervous.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Beat me to it while I was posting inbetween sets at the gym 😂😂

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Please explain to me how rebuilding a hybrid turbo is any different than the first time the builder stripped a turbo and then put their wheels etc in it. Seems like the exact same process to me.
AJ explained it pretty spot on. It’s not the process of the rebuild that’s in question.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
AJ explained it pretty spot on. It’s not the process of the rebuild that’s in question.
I get that. It's like once bitten so the person switches brands hoping for a better result. I would think how long the turbo lasted would have an importance on if you trust the brand again. If I got a hybrid that didn't last long I would tend to shy away from that company also. Just hypothetically if you got a hybrid turbo that lasted say over 50,000 miles would you buy from that company again?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I get that. It's like once bitten so the person switches brands hoping for a better result. I would think how long the turbo lasted would have an importance on if you trust the brand again. If I got a hybrid that didn't last long I would tend to shy away from that company also. Just hypothetically if you got a hybrid turbo that lasted say over 50,000 miles would you buy from that company again?
50k would be roughly 5 years of mileage for me. What’s that, a month of your driving? 😂 If it failed at that age, yes I would.

Bjenkins087

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 gti sport
This is a for sale post not a bash dbv2 post, if anyone would like to do that please do it elsewhere! As for the failure it had exhaust wheel failure, the cold side and bearing/bearing housings were replaced as well as both wheels. The manifold was able to be reused!